Chapter 15: Gender Reveal

Wednesday, February 8th
12:30 PM
Paris Brooks-

Wednesday, February 8th12:30 PMParis Brooks-

"Welcome back, you guys!" My obgyn said.

"Hi Dr. Robinson!" We said.

"Have a seat on the table right there like last time."

She flipped through paper work got ready to do my ultrasound again.

"So today, Miss Brooks, you are officially 4 months and 2 weeks pregnant. So 18 weeks." She said as she put the gel on my stomach.

"Woww." I laughed.

"Damn." Adrian smiled.

Each day I'm starting to become more and more excited to have this baby. Today we find out the gender of the baby, which I'm really excited about. I don't care what the gender is, but I'm excited to know.

"So there's the head again. Then the torso..."

"Head big like yours." Me and Adrian said at the same time to each other.

I rolled my eyes as we shared a laugh.

"Let's listen to the heartbeat." She said.

"That sounds healthy" Adrian said, causing me to look at him like he was dumb.

"So are we ready to take a look at the genitals?" Dr. Robison asked us as she laughed.

We looked at each other.

"Yes." I said.

Adrian nodded.

"Alrighty. Let's take a look."

It took her a while, but she moved the ultrasound transducer around my stomach so that she could find the genitalia. I was recording every moment so I could send it to Lex.

"Ooookkaaayyy! Looks like you're having a baby boy!"

"LETS GO!!" Adrian exclaimed as he stood up out of his chair.

"A boyyyyyyyyyyy!" I said as my eyes began to water.

"Yep! Right here is the penis." She said as she moved the transducer around so we could see.

"You can barely see it." Adrian said as he squinted.

This nigga.

"He's a fetus, dumb ass!" I yelled at him.

The doctor laughed at us.

"Have you guys been brainstorming names—boy or girl?" She asked as she cleaned the gel off of my stomach.

"Jokingly, but nah not really." Adrian said.

"Well I know this little boy's gonna be smart and as lucky as ever to have you all as his parents." She smiled.

"Thank you!" We said together. I don't know why this happens every time we come here.

—————
Raelyn Johnson-Brooks~

—————Raelyn Johnson-Brooks~

"A girl. Wow. I didn't think I could see myself with a girl. But I can." Kam said as he drove us home from the doctors office.

"So—so I gonna have a liddle sisser?" Kj asked from the backseat.

"Yessirrrrrr big boy! You gone be a big brother!" Kam smiled.

"You excited, stink?" I looked back at him, smiling.

"Uh huh!"

He continued to drive as we listened to the music on the radio. Randomly, he grabbed my hand.

"I love you. I want shit to go back to normal with us baby. I know we did the nasty that one time but that's cause we was craving each other..." He stopped as we both laughed. "I know that's not gone fix everything. I'm serious, Rae. I want you to fully, 100% trust me again."

As he was talking, I heard the sincerity in his voice.

"I love you too Kam..." Was all I could say.