Chapter 18: i.j.n.s.d.

Wednesday, February 15th
9:27 A.M.
Paris Brooks-

"Adrian wake yo ass up!!!!" I yelled at him as I sat up in the bed.

He jumped up as I looked at my phone.

"Who the fuck is this?" I said shoving the phone is face.

"Boo watch out!" He said, still trying to fully wake up.

"Nigga sit up all the way and look at this damn phone!" I yelled at him.

A random number texted me saying, "Hope you know your nigga was mine first, and his mouth was all over me" With a picture of her and Adrian kissing.

He took the phone and squinted his eyes.

"Man what the hell..." He looked at me. "This picture is fucking 2 years old..and we wasn't even together that long...all she wanted to do was fuck"

I said nothing as I looked into space.

"Boo...what's the matter?" He said as he tried to put his arm around my shoulders.

I quickly moved and went into the living room, finding myself disgusted with him at the moment.

"What's yo problem Paris?" He said following me.

"Why is it always something with you? Seem like it's always a bitch tryna be on yo dick. I don't fucking like that. And it makes me wonder what you do behind my back." I said as I sat down on the couch.

He paused and looked at me like I had three heads.

"Don't act like I just got hoes all over me and all in my phone cause you know I don't. And don't ever question my loyalty for you when you know I wouldn't dare do no fucked up shit to hurt you!"

"Yeah Adrian that's what all guys say—hell thats what my fucking brother told Raelyn but look at what the fuck he went out and did to her even after they fucking got married! Look, all I'm saying is I don't like the fact that it's always some bullshit wit you and these funky ass girls."

"But again, you making it seem like it just be girls all over me 24/7. Like the shit is in my control. I don't even know how shawty got yo number! But you just need someone to put the blame on so you choose me, right?" He said, going to roll up a blunt.

"Nigga get the fuck out of here. I said what the fuck I said and if you feel some type of way that's too damn bad. Go fuck wit a bitch that tolerates that shit." I angrily yelled.

"Bro Paris stop talking to me. You acting insecure. I don't got time for that shit." He continued to roll up.

I looked at him with tears filling my eyes.

I know I spazzed out on him, but it hurt my feelings for him to yell back at me—and on top of that call me insecure.

I'm far from insecure...

Or am I?

"I'm insecure cause I don't like bitches texting and calling here with bullshit about you? Fuck you, Adrian." I said before grabbing my keys and heading out.

"Whatever man." He said without looking up at me.

I drove to the one place I felt completely at ease—my mama and my brother's gravesite.

I got there and started crying my eyes out. I don't wanna blame everything on my pregnancy hormones, but they were all over the place. When Adrian called me insecure, that stuck with me... I didn't stop thinking about it. Maybe I was insecure. But I've never been insecure. I just didn't know what to think.