Chapter 6: You Lied To Me

Thursday, December 22nd
2:16 PM
Paris Brooks-

"Again, again!" London said as me and Adrian each held one of her hands and pulled her up so she could jump.

"One more time, Lo." Adrian laughed.

"One...twooooo...three!" I counted before pulling her up.

We were walking up Kam and Raelyn's driveway—we were coming over for some quality time, like always.

I got my key out and opened the front door, and as soon as we walk in, we hear yelling.

"Kameron I don't give a fuck about that! Just tell me who the fuck the bitch is!" Raelyn yelled at Kam from the kitchen, while he was sitting at the dinner table.

"Um-" I started before getting cut off.

"What the fuck more do you want me to tell you? I told you that I fucked up Rae! But I didn't fuck her!"

I saw Rae look down and start to cry.

"You are such a fucking liar. You LIED TO ME! You been letting a bitch suck yo dick—and told me you was working late? Fu-"

"Raelyn stop cussing while my son is here."

"Don't try to act like you give a fuck! You drop 'your son' off everywhere so you can go get head by some bitch! Am I..." Raelyn trailed off. "Am I not good enough for you?"

"Let's just come back." Adrian said to me in my ear.

Kam stayed silent with his head in his hands, and Raelyn walked right past us and out the front door.

"Rae!" I said while trying to catch up to her.

"Paris I just wanna be by myself." She cried as it started to rain.

It would start raining...

"Mama! Where you goin?" Kj came out of the house.

"Go back in house baby." She cried as she pulled out of the drive way.

"Why you crying?" Kj said before I took him back in the house.

I was so pissed at Kam.

I walked back in the house, into the kitchen.

"Y'all go upstairs and play in Kj room." Adrian said to London and Kj.

"Kam what the fuck is going on?" I irritatedly asked.

"Paris I fucked up, alright? I feel so bad. And no not cause she found out. But the girl she just started doing it..and-"

"Doing it where?" Adrian said with a raised eyebrow.

Kam cleared is throat. "Um. In the storage room..at the bar."

"KAM!!!!!" We both said.

"Bro I ask you to close up the bar.....and that's what you do?? You know they'll close down my bar for that?!"

Kam looked down, without saying anything.

"Bro I'm so sorry. I been drinking a lot lately. Been stressed out wit lil Kam—going through his terrible twos and-"

"So is Raelyn not good enough for you? I would love to see the nasty bitch you decided to go get your dick sucked from—when Raelyn obviously does much better. Did the hoe know you're MARRIED?" I said, frustrated for Raelyn.

"Alright man y'all can leave now. I'll see y'all whenever." Kam said with an attitude.

"You're fucking sick. And you supposed to be the big brother setting an example." I said before walking out the kitchen.

I went upstairs to get London and Kj to find them both asleep on the floor. I picked Kj up and Adrian picked London up and we took them both with us.

"I'm taking my nephew with me" I nonchalantly said before closing the front door behind us.

When we got back home, I called Raelyn to make sure she was okay.

"Hello?" She answered, sounding like she had been crying.

"Hey...I was just calling to check on you."

"I'm fine. I'm just...angry. I feel like I can't trust him anymore. I don't know what to do."

Noo...

"Well I can't tell you what to do...but I think you should just take some time to yourself for a few days. Then when you feel like you're ready, you go back home and try to figure everything out. Not necessarily forgive him right then, but do things at your own pace. I was pissed at him for you, girl. I'm sorry he put you in this position."

"Yeah. Thank you, Bub. I really needed to hear that."

"You're welcome. I love you, okay?"

"I love you more, Paris. I'll talk to you later."

Can't believe my brother did this to her...