Tired

3 days later...
Monday, January 28th
7:15 AM
Raelyn Johnson-Brooks:

"Kayla please don't get your food on your uniform." I said as i got ready to take the kids to school and go to work.

"Sorry." She said in her little voice.

"What I tell you bout saying sorry for everything?" Kam said as he walked in the kitchen and gave us all a kiss.

"Oh yeah. Sorry daddy—I mean—never mind." Kayla said as she ate her bagel and bacon.

~Kayla Brooks *4 y/o*

"You alright baby?" Kam asked me as he pulled me by waist into a hug.

I wrapped my arms around his waist. He made me feel so at ease.

"I'm trying to be, babe." I said as I rested my head on his chest. "Maybe it's God's way of telling me something. But I won't question Him."

He pulled my face in for a kiss.

"You so strong. Love you."

"Love you more." I said before walking off to get Kj and Kayla in the car.

"Bye daddy" The kids said in unison.

"See y'all later. Have a good day at school." Kam said.

I played the radio on the way to school today, when typically I wouldn't. I would just talk to the kids. But today I didn't really feel like talking. I was so sad all weekend, but I realized I couldn't sit around and keep blaming myself. But, I was still grieving.

When I went to the doctor on Kam's birthday to check on the baby, he or she didn't have a heartbeat.

Kam told the kids because I didn't have the strength to. He told them not to keep asking me about it, which I GENUINELY appreciate.

Kam has been so supportive since this happened, he doesn't even understand how thankful I am for him.

I scrolled on Instagram as I waited in the car line to drop the kids off at their school, and noticed that Kyla posted a picture with Stretch standing behind her, holding her stomach.

Not what I wanna see right now AT ALL.

Kyla still followed me, so I still followed her, but we never talked since she went to college. But when I seen that picture, I quickly unfollowed and blocked her. Knowing how she be moving now, I can't still follow her ass.

I finally got the top of the line and let the kids out the car.

"Bye mommy!" Kayla said as she put her bookbag on her back and got out the car.

"Bye ma" Kj said as he leaned to the front seat to give me a kiss.

He's such a mama's boy. Made my heart warm.