Valentine's Day Surprises

Monday, February 14th
Los Angeles, California
4:30 PM
Adrian King:

Today I last minute went to the store to get Paris and the kids some stuff for Valentine's Day.

Today was Paris's mom's birthday so she took the kids to her gravesite to visit and leave flowers.

I got some flowers, candy, cards, and a big teddy bear for them. Now I just needed to go the ATM to put money in the flowers and the cards.

We been working a lot lately so I didn't have time to do this beforehand.

I also bought my grandma some flowers for Valentine's Day, and I put money in it. So I was on my way to take those to her.

I knocked on the door and waited for somebody to open it. My brother finally came to the door.

"Waddup niggaaaaa" Maurice said as he dapped me up.

"What's crackin niggaaa!" I said back. I ain't seen my brother in a minute.

"Boy what I tell you y'all bout using that word!" My grandma said from the kitchen.

"I'm sorry grandma. Happy Valentine's Day." I laughed as I gave her a kiss on the cheek and handed her the flowers.

"Oh, boy! Y'all don't need to get me anything! Pop alread—is this money??" She said, getting emotional. My grandma was an emotional person.

She hugged me so tight.

"Thank you son." She said. "You and your brother got me something today, I'm so thankful. I only expected Pop to get me something."

"Of course grandma." I said. "What you in here making? It smell good!"

"Food, boy! You gone eat it either way!" She said, snapping out of the emotional-ness.

"Not if i don't want it." I joked, tryna get a reaction out of her.

She hit me.

"You keep playing with me, hear? Ima pop you in your mouth." She laughed. "Where's Paris and my great-grands? I haven't seen my babies in a minute."

"Well, you know today is Paris' mom's birthday. So her and the kids went to the gravesite." I sat down at the kitchen table. "Ima bring em by soon tho ma'."

"Oh, poor Paris. Well you tell her I send my condolences. I miss her pretty smile. And those pretty kids y'all made." My grandma said as she stood over the pot.

"I will grandma."

"Y'all gone have some more kids? I know y'all have a whole lotta sex." She said.

Maurice laughed form the living room.

"Ma!!!" I scrunched my face up. "I'm a virgin, what you talking bout?"

She looked at me like I was silly.

"Boy you know I caught you doin it with that fast lil girl when you was in high school." She said with her hands in her hips. "You had some nerve bringing some hot tailed girl in my damn house."

I laughed.

"Mannnn..." I said. "Well no, I don't think we having any more kids any time soon. Three is ENOUGH."