Chapter 12: Not That Easy

Thursday, January 23rd
12:05 AM
Raelyn Johnson-Brooks~

"Baby.." I heard Kam whisper while I was halfway asleep.

"What, boy?" I said without looking up.

"Can I get in the bed?" He asked while getting in the bed anyways.

I ignored him.

"You wanna go to therapy?" He asked as he tried to hug my side.

"Kam don't touch me. Lay the other way." I say, still half sleep.

He sighed and turned the other way.

"And scoot over."

He moved over.

"You ain't answer my question"

"No Kam. That won't erase the embarrassment and the humiliation I feel! I told you what I wanted to do! I need a fucking break from you!" I yelled, now fully awoke.

"Babe I told you I'm so sorry! I know it won't change the fact that it happened but-"

"Kameron there are no fucking buts! That's it! It won't change the fact that it happened! So now what? I'm supposed to just give you a kiss and act like everything is normal again? No! That's fucking embarrassing to not just me, but to you too, cause it makes you look like a big fucking cheater and a dummy!" I cried as I sat up in the bed.

He sat up with me and held me as I cried.

"I promise you it won't happen no more baby. I'll give you all the space you need but I-" He tried to hold back tears. "I lost too many people and I can't lose you. Just trust me when I say I won't do anything else to hurt you."

He let me go and I went into Kj's room to check on him.

He was on his top bunk so I decided to get on the bottom—not planning to sleep in there but to get away from Kam for a minute. But eventually, I fell asleep there for the whole night.

———————
7:15 AM

"Mama how da baby get in your tomach?" Kj asked from the backseat as I drove him to daycare on my way to work.

I looked at him through my rear view mirror and chuckled to myself.

"Your daddy put it in there." I said looking back at the road.

"Ohh he put it through your mouf?" He asked as he ate his Mcgriddle from McDonald's.

"No, Kj. Don't get that food all over your clothes boy."

"He put it through your butt?"

I almost choked on my orange juice.

"Kj! No! That's a discussion for another day!" I laughed.

As soon as I dropped him off, I headed to work. I work at a children's hospital downtown.

I was 4 months pregnant and I felt 6 months. I felt like a fat ass potato and I felt depressed. I just wish Kam hadn't did the bullshit he did to fuck everything up.

Of course I miss being all lovey dovey with Kam, but I can't even bring myself to hug his ass right now!

At work I wanted to get straight to work and ignore everybody, but work bestie, Tina, had to come and bother me.

"Hey gworl!" She said as she joined me at the front desk.

"Hi Tina."

~Tina

~Tina

"Did you and Kameron get everything straight?" She asked being nosy.

"No, T. We just need a break from each other for a while."

"A break for how long?? I couldn't do it. I need dick like every night, mmkaaay?"

"T! Shush!" I said as I playfully hit her.

"Ain't his birthday in 2 days? Girl you better give him the puss! Then go back to being mad at him."

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm just saying girl I know you be craaaaazzyyy horny with them pregnancy hormones! If you ain't gone let him hit right now the least you can do is go get a vibrator—or a dildo—oooouu or better yet, a vibrating dildo!"

I couldn't help but laugh at her.

"No T. I'm not doing that. I have my ways." I smiled.

"Ooooouuu girl you nasty! You be using that finger huh?!"

"Okay Tina." I laughed.

I mean she's not necessarily wrong...

"It's okay girl the finger be doing you justice though I ain't even mad atcha!"

"Shushhhhh!" I got up to walk away, since it was my lunch break anyways.

"Girl you love me." She laughed as she wrapped her arm around my shoulders.

"I do when you're not being ghetto."

"Let's go get some lemon pepper wings."