Chapter 8: Please Don't Be...

Saturday, December 31st
3:00 PM
Paris Brooks-

"Why you ain't tell me you left? I was waiting for you

"Why you ain't tell me you left? I was waiting for you." Kam said as held Kj in his arms.

"I didn't think I needed to tell you I was going somewhere that you knew I was going." Raelyn said, without looking at him.

"You still could've—"

"Kam just shut up!" My dad said.

Everybody came over my house today so we could all go to Aaron's gravesite for his birthday today. He would've been 23.

"Alright y'all let's go." I said as I got my keys off the rack.

But right before I walked out the door, I felt like I had to throw up.

And soon enough, I threw up in the sink.

"I told you not to eat that expired ass potato salad." Adrian said as he rubbed my back.

"It was only 8 days past the expiration date!" I said as I held my stomach. "I gotta take a shit."

Adrian laughed. "You riding with me or you gone meet us there?"

"I'll meet you there."

"Put some different shorts on, ya ass is hanging out of those."

"Shut up and leave me alone."

—————————

At Aaron's Gravesite...

"Happy birthday to youuu, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Aaron...happy birthday to you." We all sang along at his grave.

I cried as I watched London sing along. So bright and bubbly like her daddy.

"London you wanna blow out the candle on the cupcake for your daddy?" I asked as I held it down for her.

She blew it out without hesitating.

We all clapped for her and Aaron.

"My Daddy is under da gwass?" London asked, getting everyone's attention.

"He's in a casket. He's six feet underground." I said as I picked her up.

"He can't come out?"

"No boo." I said as I kissed her forehead.