Chapter 27: Overwhelmed

1 month Later...
Tuesday, August 19th
12:39 AM
Paris King~

"Paris I'm just asking a question.." Adrian said as I put Alijah down in his crib.

"And I just gave you an answer Adrian now get out my fucking face!" I said as walked past him to the living room.

"Bro you are fucking tripping for no reason. Like talk to me, wassup?!" He said as he sat next to me on the couch.

I ignored him and opened up my laptop.

"Paris." He grabbed my hand.

I snatched it right back from him.

"Would you ever cheat on me?" I said, feeling all my built up anger.

He scrunched his face up. "Why would you even ask me-"

"I'm just asking  question, Adrian." I mocked him.

"Yo I don't know what the fuck you talking about or where this is even coming from, but you been acting like this for weeks—"

"Why all of a sudden you work so late?? You didn't used to work this damn late!" I said.

"Bro, PARIS! What the fuck! Are you fucking kidding me right now? We just had a baby bro! I got two businesses to attend to, and I wanna make sure that our son is taken care of, our bills are paid, and that we get some fucking food on the table! The fuck is yo problem??" He yelled, startling me.

I paused for a minute, and bursted out crying.

"Boo.." He said. But this time, I noticed he didn't grab me and pull me in like he usually would.

I just got up, walked in the room, and got in the bed.

"Not talking won't fix nothing." He said from the living room before going on the balcony.

The next day...
2:30 pm

I hadn't been to the shop in some months. When I did go, it was just to check up on everything and it was in and out. But I haven't been up there to work in a while since I've been on maternity leave. I've just been buying and flipping houses, which is good income for us anyways.

"We'll be over there in a minute dad." I said as I got off the phone.

Everybody has been pressing me to see the baby, and I guess it is time for everyone to see him now, it has been almost 2 months.

"You sure you don't want no leftovers before we go? You ain't eat all day." Adrian said as he put Alijah's seatbelt on.

"I'm fine."  I said as I put my seatbelt on and started the car so my baby wouldn't be hot.

Adrian closed the door and got in the car.

"What you got an attitude about now?" He stared at me as he put his seatbelt on.

"Don't start. I don't even have no attitude." I said as I backed out of our driveway.

He sucked his teeth. "Alright."

After that, the rest of the ride was silent.

I turned on the radio so it wouldn't be so awkward.

As we pulled up to Kam's house,  my dad and Aaron were sitting on the porch. Lord knows I didn't feel like being around too many people right now but I had to let them see the baby eventually.

I got out and opened the back door to get the baby out, but Adrian opened the other side to get him.

"I got him." I said as I took his seat out of the car.