Ripped Away

Landed in LA and now I'm on my way to the hospital. Blake had called me and left the cutest message that his grammy was finally taking him to go see Hayden. The Uber pulls up to the entrance and I step out, but I don't go in. I can't bring myself to move my feet, fearing the state Hayden is in.

Suck it up Billie. Go get her.

I force myself to walk in, making my way to the information desk. "How can I help you ma'am?"

"Uh, what room is Hayden Grey in?" I ask tapping my fingers on the top of the desk, my metal rings clanking against it as I do.

The woman types away on her computer, "Ms. Grey is in the neuro wing. Room 394."

I say a quick thank you and run past the elevators into the stairwell. All I can hear is my heart beating in my ears and my chains clanking against my chest with every step I take. I open the door to the third floor and briskly walk through the corridors.

392.
393.
394.
Bingo.

I step into her room and the first person I see is Blake. The moment he sees me I drop to my knees and open my arms. He runs over and I wrap him in a massive hug, picking him up. "Hey bubbie..." I whisper as I stand up holding him.

I walk further into the room and see Hayden plugged up to a plethora of wire and tubing. Her face is bruised so badly that I almost don't recognize her. Blake nuzzles his face into my neck and then Hayden's mom speaks up.

"I'm surprised they let heathens into the hospital. If she wasn't so obsessed with you, she wouldn't have ruined our relationship and she'd still be here." she snaps.

That made zero sense... but she's hurting so I let it slide. As much as I'd love to tear into her and bring her down, little man comes first. "Jackie, I know you don't like me very much and I know that you're upset, but don't do this in front of Blake." I reply in a calm tone.

This catches her off guard because she opens her mouth to speak but nothing comes out. She knows I'm right in not causing a scene in front of Blake. If we did, he'd end up hating one or both of us.

I sit down in the chair next to Hayden's bed and grab her hand while holding Blake against me with the other. "Is mommy going to be okay?" he mumbles into my shirt.

I kiss the top of his head, "I don't know bubbie. I hope so. Your mommy is super strong though, she's a fighter."

We sit there for a few moments in silence just listening to the beeping of her heart monitor. It's steady and unchanging... but jAcKiE's voice ruined it.

"Come one Blake it's time to go." she says holding out her hand. Blake shakes his head no and clings tighter to me. She comes over and peels Blake off of me, there's nothing I can do to stop her. I'm not his mother...

"No! I wanna stay with Bee!" he shouts, throwing a temper tantrum in her arms. She ignores his crying and carries him out of the room. If my heart was broken before just sitting here seeing Hayden in the condition she's in, seeing and hearing Blake crushed me.

I take Hayden's hand in my own once again and just holding it tenderly.

What in the hell happened to her?

"Hey, sorry I'm just here to check her pupils again..." a voice announces as their footsteps get closer. "Billie?"

I turn at the mention of my name, "Mac? You look different..."

She smirks, "Thanks for the backhanded compliment Eilish." she says before pausing to check Hayden's eyes. I catch a glimpse of them and see that they're bloodshot, makes me feel a little sick to my stomach.

"Even though I know you're technically not family, I'll break the rules for five minutes. Use your questions wisely." she says with a serious tone.

I ask the only question I want answered. "What happened to her?"

"From what I was told, she was t-boned by a drunk driver who had run a stop light, which resulted in her hitting a brick sign head on." she explains.

"Wait how does something like that result in her looking nearly unrecognizable?!" I question baffled.

"Billie... she wasn't wearing her seatbelt. The impact threw her partially through the windshield." she says before lifting up Hayden's gown and changing the bandage across her stomach. There's a huge gash that goes almost all the way across.

Partially thrown...

Her face broke the windshield.

The gash.

I feel my saliva glands do that thing and my stomach decides to heave. I run to the nearest trash can and puke. My stomach now empty of what little contents it had in there, I dry heave before my body realizes there's nothing left inside.

I feel Mac's hand on my back. "Her pupils are reactive, brain swelling is down from yesterday. Those are good signs... I can't tell you what she'll be like when she wakes up, but I am confident that she will wake up." she tells me before excusing herself to check on her other patients.

She needs to wake up.

Blake needs her to wake up.

I need her to wake up.

a/n: do you guys get tired of my authors notes? I feel like I'm annoying sometimes...

What does everyone want to be when they get older? I want to either be a histologist or a DJ at festivals, because ya girl has talent.

Guess what?

I love you bubbies 💕