Who Says

Chapter Sixteen - Who Says

"Alright guys, Nationals is just a few weeks away. Now, your singing at regionals was amazing, but your dancing, it's booty camp time!" Schue declared. He had us all in the auditorium in our sports gear, and I for one was excited to get back to dancing.

It was little into the piano rendition of Loser Like Me when my step-brother's clumsy movements had knocked Rachel Berry to the floor. "I'm so sorry are you okay?" Finn immediately went down to Rachel, who was clutching onto her nose.

"I'm bleeding." she was almost crying, and I knew then that Finn had broken her nose.

The next day, she had come in and announced she was going into surgery for her nose the next week. "Oh my god, you're having a nose job." Quinn murmured.

"I'm considering having a minor procedure to repair my deviated septum." Rachel corrected.

"So, a nose job." Santana simplified.

She sighed, "I'm happy with the way I look, okay? And I've embraced my nose. But let's say I wanted to have a slightly more demure nose, like Quinn's, for example." She felt the need to defend her decision, though she was ashamed of what she was doing. "I-I would never change my appearance for vanity but, I mean, the doctor said that it could possibly improve my talent, which would help us all for Nationals."

"Possibly," Schue said, "But what about the risks? Your voice is amazing as it is, Rachel."

"Hold up, could we all just get real here for a second?" Santana chimed in, "I hear that Rachel's got a bit of a schnoz. I mean, I wouldn't know because, like Medusa, I try to avoid eye contact with her. But can we all stop lying about how there aren't things that we wouldn't change about ourselves? I mean, I'm sure that Sam's been at the doctor's office and rifled through pamphlets on mouth reduction. Poppy has probably spent hours in the mirror trying to remove her British accent, which makes no sense because she claims she isn't actually British." I gave Santana an odd look, "I'll bet Artie's thought about getting his legs removed since he's not really using them anyway, and I'm definitely sure that Tina's looked into getting an eye de-slanting."