Dream A Little Dream of Me

Chapter Four - Dream A Little Dream Of Me

After the weekend I had recovered due to daily does of ibuprofen and Carole's tomato soup, and I was more than happy to be back at school. My education in Boarding School had put me as being relatively smart and McKinley, despite being average back in England. Though I guess paying several thousand a term for education can really differ to public school. I wasn't too bothered, being top of the class gave me a newfound love for learning and doing well in class. I still didn't know what my passion was, I liked being smart but there was nothing I learnt that I particularly was passionate about, in fact, it was I was discovering for myself in English class that I enjoyed.

"You're a talented writer, Poppy, you should enter a few creative writing competitions." Mrs Kay had taken me aside after English class, I was a bit shocked. I liked writing but I never thought it was anything above average.

I thought about it for the rest of the week, though I was quickly distracted the day that Kurt, Dad and Carole had come up to me and Finn while we were talking by his locker. Kurt had his arms interlocked with both Dad and Carole, and all of them were looking incredibly excited, me and Finn both looked at each other puzzled. After a while of fighting over who was going to tell us, Carole gave in. "He proposed!"

Kurt and I both instantly hugged Carole, who then hugged Dad. They both seemed so happy, and I was grinning from cheek to cheek. Carole had already felt like my Mum from living with us, the marriage would just be the cherry on top. I turned back to see Finn, still kind of standing there in shock, unsure on how to react. We awkwardly pulled Finn into a family hug, reluctantly, he wasn't ever the best at reacting in situations like these.

After the announcement, Kurt instantly took me to one side when they left. He had taken it upon himself as The Wedding Planner, and I assumed this was where I was going to get assigned the assistant role.

"You have to sing with the New Directions at the wedding," Kurt said, and I wasn't particularly surprised.

I agreed I couldn't really not as it was my own father's wedding. Besides, it didn't mean I was joining the club, just a temporary member to put a smile on my Dad's face.