Prologo

"I heard you got an invitation from Chanel for the Met Gala." Kiro opened up while he was trying the first shoe he picked.

"Yeah, but I'm still thinking if I'd decline." I answered nonchalantly before sipping the last of the champagne they offered.

Sinamahan ko siya dito sa mall to buy a pair of shoes daw but from what I can see, he's not planning on just buying one. Pwede namang online or mag-utos nalang siya pero namilit, eh. Tuloy, Im seeing some strangers stalking and trying to take a picture of us. They'd probably sell it on ET or to some gossip shows. I wouldn't be surprised seeing myself on the tv tonight.

Being two of the highest paid models in the industry, I was expecting to draw attention from the people. Especially now sa issue na may relasyon kami ni Kiro. Minsan pakiramdam ko nga ginagamit rin ako netong si Kiro just to stay relevant. Ni ayaw niyang mag-issue ng statement about the rumors.

I don't care though. He's my friend, and if that's what he wants then I'd let him. Makikinabang rin naman ako sa mga unanswered questions about our relationship. Mas matunog ang pangalan, mas maraming offers. After all, I need money to buy myself from my family.

"Woah, wait up. Decline the Met Gala, Ardent? Seriously?" he scoffed. Mukhang ayaw maniwala ng Hapon na 'to. "Thats the fcking Met Gala! I'm sure you wouldn't turn down the opportunity to go head-to-head with Zendaya and Rihanna on the red carpet."

I closed the magazine I was reading and looked straight into his eyes.

"Well that's the thing. The theme wouldnt suit me and Im sure even Kendall Jenner would end up mopping me off the floor with whatever outfit that's off the theme she'll be wearing." I explained. "I wouldn't want Ana Wintour coming at me on the next issue of Vogue."

Napatawa siya sa sinabi ko at napailing.

"You're so arrogant you can just ditch a Met Gala invitation, huh?" he teased.

"I'm not arrogant, I was just being honest. Besides, I can buy my own invitation if I want to go."

"And you dare say you're not arrogant?" he mumbled.

Kiro was my buddy ever since I stepped in the world of modeling. Sabay kaming na-scout kaya sabay rin kami laging nakukuha sa mga gigs. Naungusan ko lang siya nang kunin ako ng isang make-up brand para maging ambassador sa kanilang Make-up is Masculine Campaign. Naging cover rin ako ng ilang issue ng Vogue at nakuha ang supermodel title in the span of 2 years in the industry.

From there, nakilala na ako as Ardent del Riva- the highest paid male model and not Ardent Saavedra the youngest son of the Saavedras in the Philippines.

After his shoe-fitting, he decided na magtingin na rin daw kami ng bagong furnitures.

"Kiro, I think this is too much." I said as we entered the shop with some people holding their cameras tailing us.

"Too much what now?" he asked innocently. Matutuktukan ko talaga tong Hapon na to, eh.

I know that he acquired a new property in Rhode Islands last week and he wasn't even keeping it a secret to the media. I wouldnt be surprised kung siya mismo nag-tip sa kanila na may bago siyang bahay.

"You're just adding fuel to the flame. People would think we're living together."

"Are we?" nakangisi pa ang gago.

Talaga naman 'tong Hapon na to.

"Kiro, I'm serious. This isn't a joke." I said.

"Okay, I'm sorry. But I need this Ardent. C'mon, I've got more offers ever since the rumors spread. Let's just ride with it, please?"

See? I was right! This punk.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes. When they ask, Id tell them the truth. duro ko bago siya unahan.

"Yes! Thank you. I know you'd agree to this. Since when did you care about what people would say, right?"

Right. Since when did I care about what other people say? Funny, because the answer isn't when. It's who.

I only cared about what other people say since Lorenzo.

I stopped in front of a mirror and I saw my reflection. More than a skinny 5-foot 7 man who doesnt really shout supermodel without make-up and haute couture, I see an empty and quite miserable person. I see a man whos longing for comfort and rest.

I've changed Lorenzo. Im not the spoiled and rotten brat youve met before. But my feelings remained. I still love you. And just like before, it irks me how I always long for your touch. I fcking loathe the way my heart beats for you.

I don't usually daydream but this time, while looking at the mirror in front of me, I let myself dive into the very beginning of how I met the man who made me care about what other people would say.