38.

THEO

"Hey umm.. I could help you in anything you want but this. I can't really talk to him. He has been an asshole.. I can't Theo I'm sorry." George explained though there was hesitation and ounces of anger audible in his voice.

"Listen, George I... Join him in conference call I'll talk. I promise it won't take long." I came up with anything that instance. Hopefully he agree on it and after few seconds of silent treatment, he finally agreed and called him.

The call was engaged for long time, while me and Bailey were just waiting. I was wondering for some positive response then George came back on the call.

"He didn't pick." He said and my heart sank. Now what.

"Wait, he's calling. Should I-" he was pretty much having double thoughts but I didn't have time for that.

"Pick, I'll talk. You don't have to say anything." I tried my best to convince in limited amount of time we had. And George merged his call with this one.

"Jackson. How are you doing?" I fervently asked. Jackson didn't reply.

"I know you can hear me." I added.

"What the fuck do you want? George you called I thought-" Jackson spit bitterly.

"Don't even try. He won't talk to you asshole. Now I tell you what I want, my cellphone. Bring it to me. Or I'll release those papers online, like your sister posted that freaking video. And you guys can not even take that down." I sneered and Jackson went quiet breathing heavily through the call. Bailey and George must be confused here but it was the information they need not to know about.

"George you know about the papers?" Jackson asked George.

"As much as I want to say yes to piss you off but unfortunately I have no idea what he's talking about." George replied apathetically.

"So you don't want your phone back just for that video do you?" Jackson snapped.

"If you know everything don't waste my time here dear boy. Bring my fucking phone back." I roared because I knew by now that these people have the access to something I've been trying to save here. I needed to talk to Erick now about everything. I had no clue now how to deal with these alone anymore.

"Alright. Bring those papers. All of them, no cleverness, no stupidity. Tell me where we could make the trade." he finally agreed. But they probably had the info they needed. Dammit.

"At the café Alberto. Around the corner, the café where Madeline works. Or put on an act of working. At two in the noon." I told him the safest place I could think of. Yet it was not enough safe at all.

"Done." He sheepishly reply.

And George didn't wait for longer immediately ended his call. He and Bailey later asked me as expected about these papers and information but I know they were better off without knowing too much.

I left Bailey's place and went back home. Erick was already waiting eagerly in the living room with all those papers and Xerox on the couch table.

"So?" He said.

"Yep, he agreed." I replied sitting on the couch.

Then he came sit next to me. Asking about what to do with these now. Where I had something to tell him. I stayed silent for minutes thinking if I should really involve him and tell him everything that's happening. The real reason behind my insomnia, the illegal involvement of my father and those reports I found in the forbidden office belongs to my mother.

After thinking everything through. I finally decided to tell him. But before I do that I needed his consent if he wanted to join me in my hunt for answers.