29.

THEO

After driving for half an hour, we were about to reach at Erick's house.
The dawn was falling beautifully around the city, it would've been more bewitching if I wasn't stuck in situation like this. But now I was determined, because I've came across something I have never thought of. My mind was still on that partnership agreement, still thinking about it in flashes. The picture of my father's dead body and the report from that file I found a month ago in my mother's office was coming vividly in front of my eyes. And I keep on pushing them aside.

"So, Bailey -is he awake now?" I asked after a long silence drive. Tried to distract myself. We both got something on our heads after we left that house. George was not fine at all and I knew most of him must be thinking of unconscious Bailey on his lap but there was a little, a very little part of him was also stuck on Jackson. I still couldn't figure out why he helped us. But I decided not to dig deeper into that context.

"Nope, his pulses are low but I think he'll be alright." George hiccuped with remorse filled in his voice.

"We're almost here." I informed.

I parked the car at the other side of the road, totally hidden from the street lights and anyone's sight

"So, I'll go in, talk and convince him to hide us in here. Then I'll come back and take Bailey and you inside. Just try not to be seen." I told George and walked out of the car.

I took a good look around, found nothing suspicious then run hurriedly towards the two storeys house on the other side of the street. I knocked at the front door, wishing Erick's parents were not home.

The door opened and revealed, not Erick but Andrew.

"Hey, Andrew!" I faked a greeting. "Ah where's Erick?" I asked shaking at my spot. I felt a sharp pain in my chest and realised my wounds got open and must be bleeding now.

"He's here, as it's his place. You know" he chuckled,"We've called you a thousand times but you didn't pick. What were you doing?" He questioned, inviting me inside the house closing the door behind.

"I - uh- I desparately need to talk to Erick right now." As I finished my sentence Erick came into view walking out of the living room.

"What's up mate, where the fuck dy you throw your phone away?" He smirked, then grabbed me for a hug, something we casually do when me meet up.

But then the ache shot up straight in my head, made my visions blurry and I moaned in pain as I fall on my knees.

"Hey, hey hey, what happened Theo?" Erick sensed the wetness around my chest and unzipped my hoodie. I found Andrew and Erick both gasped in terror. They went silent and their expressions were telling they were pretty horrified by seeing the blood.

"What the fuck's going on?" Erick nearly screamed.

"I don't have much time, just listen to me" I said and they picked me up and moved me to the living room.

In living room, I found everyone. Ryan, Sheldon who were drinking beer dropped their bottles on the carpet.

"Hey you both, get your shit together. You guys are cleaning it as new, you get that." Screamed Erick. He lie me down on the couch. Putting pressure on my wounds to contain the blood flow.

Andrew rushed for first aid kit and I take off my t-shirt.

"Listen guys, I need help. Please this is not huge. I'm fine." I said pointing at my bleeding wound.

"The fuck, it's not huge!" Ryan said sarcastically.

"I'm not seriously injured. It's not deep enough to give me septic." I explained through pain.