56.

THEO

I turned off all the lights in my room and I was lying on my bed all day. The will in me was lost to get up or even flinch a muscle. I just buried my face in my pillow and stayed in bed as if there's no tomorrow.

I heard my mom knocked at my door.

"It's open." I tried to shout. But it came out as a quack. My neck was soar because I bathed in chilled water at twelve in midnight.

"Theo, honey are you fine? Erick's here." She told, and I shifted a little to take a look at the door. He was right there grinning wide standing near my mom.

"Hey!" I groaned.

"I'll leave you two. Call me if you guys need something." She turned back and left the room. Erick walked inside shutting the door behind. And sit at edge of bed, where I had my face buried in pillow and I was lying tiredly over my chest.

"Hey, honey how you doing today!" Erick started with an accent to mimick. And I glared at him sluggishly from the side of my eyes.

"Oh okay, sorry. Tell me what happen? Why are being such a doleful sicko?" He asked with hint of mild seriousness in his tone.

"My heart stopped last night." I replied with the same dully voice. I didn't move just blinked several times.

He bent in and placed his head at my back. "Yea, there it is, Theo that pumping machine is still working, I just heard the beat. You're alive dude. You're still alive, it's pumping. Congo!" He excitedly bolted. And I gave him the death glare, moving my head instantly to face him straight.

The excitement drained off his face, and he sensed properly this time, something was up.

"First of all sit up. Your half face isn't helping me much." He forced me to get up. I sit up and rested my head at the back wall.

"Now tell me." He asked politely.

"I did something last night, now it hurts." I dolefully started. Kept my eyes shut.

"Theo, it's okay, you're not a virgin, so it's fine. It'll hurt for a while then it'll go away." He answered and I was so furious at his mockery.

"Can you fucking be serious for a goddamn minute!" I blunted in absolute anger.

"Ah, right! Shout as much you want. I'm trying to dissolve this tension and stress you've concentrated in this atmosphere. How about you take a fucking look around you? That dried mug of coffee laying there as if it's the end point for it. Your clothes are scattered on the floor like you're living in a motel, vision less to any destination. I was just trying to break the intense tension here. You just being an ignorant fuck! But yeah! Why would you care for people who give a fucking damn about you huh!" Erick blurted out everything boiling in him. It was not just about today I could see it. He instantly stood up from his spot. He was panting horribly.

"Alright, first you calm down. Please" I tried to calm him, but he had a volcano of speeches in his mind. He breathed normally then continued.

"That day when you showed up all cracked open at my place. I felt like someone twisted my intestines in my abdomen. It feel like I failed you. You could not trust me enough to ask me for help from the beginning. So I've decided that exact moment I won't let you destruct your life, like it's worthless. I will stuck by you whether you like it or not." He sat down again and it seemed like his anger had fainted slightly. Whatever he just told me, made me regret to make him go through those. And I was just looking at him with remorseful eyes.

"Theo, you deserve everything you'd ambitions about." He said, breaking the eye contact. "But what have you done?"

I breathed heavily and parted my lips, as they were dried badly. I was almost distorted and I didn't want to fix myself either.