Chapter 17

A/N: A lot of you may not have liked the last chapter): im sorry but i hope this chapter makes up for it! dedicated to Hannahlovesmusic2002

"Michael start up the car!" Ashton yells down the stairs while I make my way over to Luke. Oh Luke, my poor Luke. Tears start forming at the rim of my eyes, but I quickly blink them away. I don't want Ash to see me this way.

"Why? I'm playing destiny!" Michael yells back. Is all he ever thinks about video games? Seriously.

"God damn it Michael. Fuck that game. Start up the fucking car unless you want Luke, your bestfriend dead." We hear Mikey curse under his breath, then we hear him run outside. Once we hear the car start up, we run down the stairs holding Luke by his arms and legs.

"Holy shit. What happened?" Michael says looking as if he's seen a ghosy.

"Just shut up and drive." I say as I pile into the back seat, placing Luke next to me. He looks horrible. I knew he was in pain, but I didn't think he would attempt again. Michael pulls out of the driveway, running over a trashcan but he keeps going. He's going over the speedlimit but I don't mind because he's a safe driver.

Victoria's POV:

After dropping Nick off at the airport, I head straight home. While driving home, something catches my eye at a stop light. I turn to see and I see it's Michael. Michael and Ashton in the front seat, Calum in the backseat with Luke. He's holding onto Luke for eternal life. I start to think of how gay that is until Calum looks at me, his eyes filled with tears. I realize Luke isn't concious. His sleeves are filled with blood. Calum grits his teeth and looks away from me. I wonder what happened here. Once the light turns green, I decide to follow Michael. I switch lanes and follow them all the way to the..hospital? So something really serious happened with Luke, but how serious? I park in the parking spot next to them and get out of my car to help them with Luke. Calum shoots me a dirty look, I deserve it. I go talk to Michael and ask him what happened and he said he has no idea. I can tell he's lying but I let it slide. "I'm sorry." I blurt out. "I know you guys know about the plan with Mackenzie and Nick. I know I seem like a bitch,well I know I'm a bitch. I just want to apologize for everything I have ever done to you guys. Please forgive me I'm begging you, I'll be honest, I did go along with the plan but I already got my karma. Mackenzie died. She fucking died because of me. I am so sorry. I need somebody, I have nobody else anymore and I don't know what I'm going to do without her. I'm a bitch I get that, a cold hearted one, but I'm going to not be like that anymore. I'm going to try. Just please, give me another chance." I say, now crying. I realize I'm not as strong as everyone thinks I am, I'm not even strong. Mackenzie made me strong. Mackenzie was my rock to lean on, now my rock is gone. Gone. I feel someones arms around me and I look up and see Ashton.

"It's okay Victoria, everyone deserves another chance no matter how bad they fucked up. Mackenzie dying wasn't your fault, nothing is every anyone's fault. Don't put yourself down by blaming yourself.I forgive you darling." He flashes a smile, an adorable smile. I guess thats just Ashton being Ashton. He's always so jolly. I smile back at him and I look towards the other guys, who are running inside carrying Luke. "Shall we join them?"

"Yea, we should. What happened with Luke?"

"He's just been sad lately.." Ashton says with sadness in his voice. I feel bad and I know he probably doesn't want to talk about it so I change the subject.

"Do you like bananas?" I ask since that's the first thing that popped in my head.

"Hell yes! I love bananas. I always dress up as a banana for Halloween!"

"Aw thats cute." Once Luke is admitted into a room, we take turns going into his room. After a couple of hours, he's finally concious. I'm really glad he's okay..I know what it feels like to lose a bestfriend. Literally lose. Can you belive it hasn't even been a full twelve hours since Mackenzie died and I still can't stop crying. There's still hope in me though. Hope that she survived the crash.

"Victoria..Luke wants to see you." Calum tells me as soon as he comes out of seeing Luke. I still haven't seen him concious, this is going to be good. I have to apologize to him now. I get up and thank Calum for telling me and I walk over to Luke's room.

"Hi buddy." I tell Luke, who looks like crap.

"You know this is all your fault right?" I feel my face start to heat up with anger but I calm myself down. I'm trying to win Luke over not lose him again. If I lose him I'll probably lose his friends and I'll have no one.

"Yeah..I know." I admit. "I'm sorry too. I really am sorry Luke."

"I could've had a chance with Mackenzie, if you didn't kiss me that day." I let out a snicker, "I could have.."

"Luke, she was dating Nick. She loved him. She would've never left him for you." I look at him and he looks hurt, he's a good looking fella but Mackenzie wouldn't have left Nick ever.

"But I could've had a chance!" He yells at me and I wince.

"Yes Luke, you could've." I tell him in a low voice.

"But now I can't because she's dead. She's dead because of you." He gulps and confesses something, "And me too.." What was he talking about? He begins to tell me the whole story of how he thinks its his fault.

Calum's POV:
"Jeez Victoria is taking a long time in there." I let out a sigh and decide to walk around. "I'll be back Michael and Ashton." They nod dismissing me and I get up and walk around the hallways. I take a peep inside Luke's room and I see Victoria sobbing into Luke's chest and Luke crying into her hair. I continue walking, wondering what happened there. Me being Calum, I decide to look into all the hospital rooms. Old people,strangers,little kids. No one I know. I decide to go to the Emergency Room hallways and I heard an all too familiar voice inside one of the rooms. I take a peer in and she smiles at me, "Calum!"

"Mackenzie!"