Chapter 44

It's been over a week or two since I've been away from home and I miss it, I haven't talked to Luke or anyone back home..I wonder if they miss me too. I think Luke is worried sick about me but I wouldn't know. My phone is dead and I have no charger, I have no money to stay in a motel since I have to save money for gasoline. If I don't find Calum soon..I think I will die..
After driving around for hours I decide to stop in a small city to get some food. I arrive at a diner and notice a payphone. 'Well I might as well call home,' I thought to myself. I put in some coins and hold my breath as I put in that certain person's number.
"Hello?"
"Luke.."
"Mackenzie! Oh my god," He starts going on and on about how he's been so worried about me and everyone else has been too,"Where are you?"
"I honestly have no idea."
"Do you need me to come pick you up?" He says with concern in his voice.
"No,Luke. I'm fine." I let out a deep breath,"I miss you Luke!"
"I miss you too..I have to.." He says nervously,"ask you something."
"What is it?"
"Do you want to get back together?"
I hold my breath for a few seconds,"Luke.." right when I'm about to answer I see a guy with highlighted hair walk into the diner,"Calum!" I yell out, not realizing I'm still on the phone.
"Mackenzie, my name is Luke." Luke lets out a dry laugh and I drop the phone and run over to see if it's Cal.
"Oh my god." I say as I hug Calum.
"Mackenzie!" Calum hugs me back tighter,"I've missed you. There's something I have to confess.."
"Cal, I've missed you so much too like I haven't been home in weeks because I've been looking for you, I've been worried sick about you Cal.."
"Is anyone here with you?" Cal asks nervously.
"No." I say sadly,"It's just me."
"Oh." He sounds disappointed and it breaks my heart.
"So what is it you needed to confess?" I'm not even sure if I honestly want to hear this..
"Mackenzie, I lied about using you.. I really like you, in fact I've liked you since the day I met you. I couldn't get you out of my mind since that night we met. I like you so much, I think I love you. These past few weeks have been hell without you, I wanted to go back to Sydney and run into your arms but I knew I couldn't because I feared that you might have hated me. I couldn't even live with myself anymore, I was so close to ending it all.." Calum looks down at the ground,"But the only thing that kept me going was you..in hopes that we might have a happy ending.."
"Calum.." I say speechless.
"I really love you Mackenzie." Calum leans in and lays a quick kiss on my lips.
"I love you too Calum." I say as I smile at him and realize he's who I want to be with, I want to be with him for the rest of my life.
"Would you want to spend the rest of your life with me?" Calum asks as if he were reading my mind,"We could start a new life here, we could have a family, we don't ever have to go back to Sydney.."
"Yes!" I say jumping with excitement.
_________________
"Mackenzie wake up!" I'm shooken awake by Nick.
"What do you want?" I ask as I look around my bedroom,I'm in Los Angeles and I realize it was all a dream...