Chapter 37

Calum's POV:

I guess I'm hurt. I didn't really know I could feel this way until Mackenzie came along..I actually thought I would have a chance with her but Luke got the girl once again. Luke isn't going to get away with it though. I'm going to get him back for what he did with Ruby. I may have forgiven him but I haven't completely forgiven him, who would forgive their friend completely for that? Luke is also my bestfriend I guess that's what hurt me the most. I really liked Ruby. I loved Ruby. I must admit when Mackenzie came along, I was kind of scared of getting close to her because everyone that I've gotten close to left. They tell me 'I'll be there for you.' but they're not. They leave. Nothing lasts forever, I wish I could've known that when I was with Ruby..I hate how we never got our chance to see what we could've been. I hate how I know I'm not over her and I hate that I have to pretend that I have. What I especially hate is that she's moved on and she doesn't know that I haven't. I know that there will be a day when I won't miss, wonder or think about you anymore, but I guess today won't be it. I loved Ruby so much and a small part of me still does and that's what keeps me from moving on, Mackenzie and I got closer and we became bestfriends and I started to fall for her but it sucks when you fall for your bestfriend because they tell you all their secrets and who they like and you have to be happy for them and you help them out and all this shit just because they're your bestfriend. You're supposed to be happy for them even if it hurts inside. I'm not happy for Mackenzie. Not at all. I'm gonna ruin this, not for her but for Luke. I'm sorry Mackenzie for what I'm going to do. Luke, you deserve it.

Luke's POV:

"Are you ready?" I asked Mackenzie once she got off the phone with Calum.

"Yeah." She smiled, her smile is so beautiful. I think I've really fallen for Mackenzie, I don't want to lose her ever. I finally found another source of happiness, I finally found someone to help me move on from Aleisha. I'm finally happy.

"Okay." I take her hand in mine and we walk inside the house to find Michael and Victoria there, "Where's Ashton?" I ask them.

"He left,he said he had plans tonight with someone."

"Oh. Do you guys want to go on a double date tonight?" I ask them and Michael looks over at Victoria who nods at him. "Okay,cool. Let's carpool together." Mackenzie and I head upstairs while we wait for the time to pass. "How was the call with Calum?" I ask her and I noticed something change about her but I'm not sure what it was.

"It was good.How was your day?" She asks suddenly changing the subject, I guess I'll let it slide. I don't want to fight with her already, I don't want to fight with her at all like ever.

"It was amazing, thanks to you." I smiled at her and she immediately smiled back.

"Aw Lukey, you're too sweet. I'm lucky to have you." She says as she lays a quick kiss on my lips.

"No." I boop her nose, "I'm lucky to have you." She boops my nose back and she gets closer to me in bed.

"Where are we going tonight?" She asks looking up at me.

"Wherever you want to."

"Okay." We're quiet for a while and I decide to talk to her about random things.

"Mackenzie?"

"Yeah?"

"Hi." I start laughing at what I just said.

"Luke, you're a dork!"

"I'm your dork." I tease.

"I'm so lucky to have a dork like you." I smile and kiss her quickly.

"Jeez,you're too adorable 'Kenzie!" I can't help but stop smiling, I'm getting comfortable with her really fast and that makes me really happy, maybe Calum and everyone else was right, it is possible to move on. I guess I should've believed it when Calum and Ruby broke up, he loved her a lot and he got over her, I'm proud of him. He gives me hope. "I like you a lot." I tell Mackenzie and she tells me she likes me a lot too, it makes me even happier. I have the best girlfriend in the world and the best friends, what more could I ask for?