Chapter 40

Luke's POV:
I haven't heard from Mac all day and I'm getting worried, usually she replied right away. Well not right away but within an hour unless she says so otherwise. I don't even know where she's at or who she's with. I'm beyond worried so I decided to drive over to her house. After a few minutes I get there and knock at the door, no one answers so I keep knocking. I check the time and see its ten past ten. I decide to turn around and walk back to my car when I hear the door open and I see Victoria standing there. "Luke? What are you doing here?"
"I came here to look for Mac.."
"Oh.She's not here." She says bluntly.
"Obviously! Where is she? She's not replying to my texts or answering my calls!"
"Luke chill! She went out with Calum last night." She says and I thank her and leave.
Last night. Last night. It's been a whole night! It's practically been over 12 hours. What the hell? What could they be doing for that long? What makes her so busy that she can't even reply to my texts? I decide to hit up Calum and he doesn't answer my call so I keep calling and after awhile I notice they're being sent straight to voicemail. The hell? He's ignoring me? What did I do to him? I try Mackenzie once again and she starts sending me to voicemail too..did I do something? Victoria did treat me kinda weird. Like bad. Did I do something? Are they mad at me?
Okay so if they aren't at Mackenzie's house they must be at Calum's! I drive there quickly and get there fast since he lives right by Mac. When I get there, I see no cars in the driveway. That's weird. I decide to knock on the door anyways but after standing there for ten minutes, I decide to leave. Where could they possibly be? I think I'm going to drive around town to try to find Cal's car since Mackenzie's was at her house. After driving around for half an hour, I find Calum's car!
"Hey!" I yell out at someone next to Calum's car.
"Um Hi?" The young lad looks confused.
"Yeah! Have you seen the owner of this car?" I ask him.
"Uh no, this car has been here since last night..in fact I've been trying to find the owner too! They're taking up parking space!" I look at him to tell if he's joking or not, "Do you know the owner?" He asks me.
"Yeah. I'm trying to find him since he's with my girlfriend." As I say girlfriend I grit my teeth, "He's been with her since last night and I haven't gotten ahold of them..I barely found out they were with eachother!" I say furiously, feeling the jealousy boiling underneath my skin.
"Woah there mate! No need to tell me your whole life story!" He says holding up his hands at me and laughing.
"Sorry." I mutter and walk away. I realized that the car was parked in front of the pub. They probably drank, knowing them they did. Especially Calum. Especially Mackenzie. They always want to have fun. I start getting angrier and walking faster, I need to find them. I need to! They're probably wasted or hungover somewhere. Oh my god, I thought to myself, what if they're lost? I ran back to the pub and decided to ask the owner if he saw them, why didn't I just do that in the first place?
"Excuse me?" I ask once I reach the bar.
"Yes?" He says looking me over.
"Have you seen these two people?" I ask, showing him a picture of Calum and then a picture of me and Mackenzie.
"Well yeah, I see that guy right there!" He says pointing at me. What an idiot.
"Seriously?" I curse at him under my breath.
"I saw them leave this morning around one or two in the morning."
"and where did they go?"
"Well they were both really wasted, so who knows?"
"Thanks." I leave quickly, I'm even more worried now. Something could happen to them! Right when I'm about to head home, Mackenzie calls me. I answer almost immediately.
"Mackenzie!"
"Who is this?" A man asks over the phone.
"Luke, who is this?"
"Jack." Who the fuck is Jack?
"Who are you?!" I ask immediately.
"Calum's friend."
"Oh. Where's Calum?"
"In bed."
"Where's Mackenzie?"
"In bed." He says laughing.
"What's so funny?"
"They're in bed." He laughs even more, "Together."