Chapter 28

Luke's POV:

It's been a couple of days since the sleepover at Mackenzie's,it's also been a couple of days since Mackenzie and I told eachother we like eachother.I haven't really texted her these past days,I don't know what to say!I don't want to make a fool of myself..what if I say something wrong?I don't want to lose her.She's not even mine yet,I haven't asked her out yet and we haven't even been on a real date.I've been laying on my bed just thinking about her when all of a sudden I hear someone at my front door,I just let out a sigh and go downstairs to see who it is.Calum. "Hey dude."

"Luke,what the fuck?" Calum says as he invites himself into my house.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Do you like Mackenzie or not?"

"Yeah..why?"

"Bruhhh." Calum says with a pissed look on his face,this can't be good."Luke if you really like her you should fucking text her because she has been texting me these past few days and calling me talking to me about you how you don't even like her and you're just playing with her feelings.Luke if you really like her just fucking text her damn,you've been ignoring her this past week so I've been hanging out with her and she's been sad.Please Luke just text her." Calum gets up and heads towards my door, "I don't want to come here again for her,just text her.She's my bestfriend,you hurt her I hurt you." Calum slams the door shut and he's gone.Now I feel like the world's biggest jerk.I head upstairs to my room and I find my phone,over ten text messages.They're all from Calum,jeez no wonder he came over I didn't read these til now.I'm thankful he came over because I'm pretty sure that drive calmed him down.These are some rude text messages.I go to create a new message and I type in Mackenzie's name.

Hey Mackenzie :-)

Hi Luke

Ouch no smiley face.She must be mad at me,I would be too though.I am a jerk.

I'm sorry I haven't been texting you..can I make it up to you? :-(

it depends...

Dinner? :)

Pick me up at 8? :D

Dress fancy..see you then x

I look at the time and I realize it's three in the afternoon,I still have five hours til I have to pick her up but I'll probably pick her up a bit earlier.I look through my closet and I find a suit and tie,I decide to wear it for tonight so I ironed it and took a quick shower.I'm awfully nervous for tonight,I haven't been on a date in forever...the last date I went on was with Aleisha.I wore the same tux,we went to a fancy restaurant in another city.We were celebrating our anniversary.It was the day before she died...at least she got to go on one last date before she died...I get dressed quickly and place my hair in a quiff and spray on some cologne and leave my house.It's about four thirty now.I think I'm gonna drive around to get Aleisha out of my head,but I can't even if I flew a thousand oceans no one compares to her,she's one of a kind and she was the love of my life.We planned out our future together,we knew we were going to be together forever til the day that we died.That day came a lot sooner than we expected it too and it's all my fault.My eyes start to tear up and I blink them away and I make my way to a flower shop.I don't even know what Mackenzie's favorite flower is oh my god.I'm going to have to ask Calum.

Calummmm what's Mackenzie's favorite flower?

Why?

Nigguhh just tell me,I'm buying her flowers!

Aww how sweet :-)

Calum tell me!

Ugh fine..forget-me-nots.

Okay thanks,ttyl.

I get out of my car and head into the flower shop and I notice a red head, "Mikey!"

"Oh hey Luke!Are you buying Mackenzie flowers?"

"Yeah we have a date tonight." I beam at him.

"Yeah I know,Victoria told me.Way to go dude.I'm really happy for you Luke.We all want you to be happy." I know where this is going shit.."You can't just keep blaming yourself for Aleisha,it wasn't even your fault and I know she wnated you to move on,you deserve to move on.You deserve to be happy and you deserve to fall in love again,I know you don't want to but Luke you're still young and all,you can't just stay in love with her.She's fucking dead you have to accept reality."

"Michael.I'm getting over her.That's why I'm going out with Mackenzie." I say getting angry and sad all at once.

"Yeah and I'm happy for you,I can tell you aren't moving on though so don't even try to lie to me.I can see the pain in your eyes,Aleisha is bringing you so much pain Luke.I want to see you be happy like when you were with her,you know her death didn't just affect you.We didn't just lose Aleisha..we lost you." Michael says as his voice starts to get shaky,is he going to cry?Michael never really cries unless if it's something serious and this isn't even serious.I don't think it is.

"Michael I am still me.Nothing has changed." I say reassuring him even though we both know that the real Luke Robert Hemmings is long gone.

"I just wanted to tell you,I know it hurts to move on but it hurts even more to hold on.Let go Luke,please."Michael pays for his items and doesn't even look at me as he says,"Goodbye Luke.Maybe I'll see you tonight." Thanks to Michael I am feeling even more emotional than I was before.I didn't know I was affecting people this way..I start to look for some flowers and I find my way walking towards the roses,I start to reach for the white roses and I just break down crying,Aleisha's favorite.I don't think I can do this,I don't think I'm ready to go out with someone else who isn't Aleisha.I exit out the shop and get into my car,it's already seven.I turn off my phone and head the opposite way of Mackenzie's house.I'm sorry Mackenzie I just can't do this,I tell myself as I start to drive away from Sydney..