Chapter 5

Calypso's POV:

Anakin has been peppering me with questions since we walked out of the Solar.

"How come you have pointed ears?" He asks first.

"Well, I'm Lestradian. Some of us have small ears, just like you, but that came from leaving Lestrad and having kids with humans." I explain, "I've heard that there are some planets that won't allow their people to leave or if they do, to come back, because they want everyone to be the same race."

"Father is human, just like you." I motion to him, "and I'm half. So obviously Lestrad doesn't mind if people leave."

He stops your walking. "Can I look at your eyes?" He asks. An odd request, but I assume he's not met many people with purple eyes. I nod and stop. His intense blue eyes bore into mine and I can't help getting lost in them. They're beautiful.

"They look like a galaxy," he finally says

"They look like a galaxy," he finally says. "All the purple and gold mixed with blue and pink. I've never seen anyone have eyes like that. They're beautiful."

I blush and then continue to walk. "Thank you Anakin. Most Lestradian people have several colors in their eyes. I hadn't realized it was irregular."

"Yeah, most people I've met have basic eye colors. Like blue, green, and brown." He explains.

He points to my hair, already on to something new. "Why is your hair grey? I thought only old people had grey hair?"

I giggle. He must've not been taught much while in Tattooine. I shrug because I've only ever had grey hair. I didn't know why that was.

"I don't know. Some people here have white hair at all ages, some have blue, or black." I say as I look at his sandy blonde hair.

I point to it. "It's like asking why your hair is sandy blonde. It just is. You see what I mean?"

"Yeah I guess you're right. There were a lot of strange creatures on Tatooine. Like Watto, the Toydarian who owned my mother and me," he says and I see his fists clench.

I sense a lot of anger and resentment towards his home planet. I want to help him control it.

"Well there must've been stuff you liked about Tatooine?" I offer, trying to be positive.

He thinks for a moment. "I guess I liked fixing stuff. I'm really good at putting machines back together. I built my own cyborg relations robot." He says and beams proudly.

I'm glad I could find something he enjoys. And sensing that he'll be a big part of my life from here on out I enjoy getting to know him and having a friend my age.

He starts to talk about pod-racing, something I know nothing about and once he starts it's nearly impossible to get him to quit. It's something he's very proud of so I let him talk. It appears he's grateful to have a friend as well.

He finally stops talking about pod-racing, confident I know all I can know about it and asks, "You're like me right? Master Qui-Gon called it the force. You have it right?"

I nod but explain, "The force isn't something you just have. The force is all around us, it resides in every living thing. Some people and creatures, like you and me, are force sensitive. Obi calls it manipulating the force. We don't just have it,  we can use it."

He nods but still looks confused.

"I didn't get it at first either, but once you become a youngling, padawan and eventually Jedi, you'll become a master of the force." I explain.

"So are you going to be a Jedi then?" He inquires.

I shake your head. "No. I haven't made my decision yet. A part of me wants to. I want to be just like my father. But a bigger part of me wants to stay here, to become queen or possible a senator."

"Well if I'm going to be a Jedi you should to. We'd make a great team," he beams.

I can't help but smile back. He's sweet, this boy.

"Wanna see something cool?" I ask, wanting to show him the Haven. I don't know if I'm allowed to but don't really want to ask. He already knows I'm force sensitive and it's not like Obi or father said I couldn't.

He nods rapidly and follows me through the garden, through the orchard to the waterfall on the cliff.

He looks confused as I close my eyes but stares in wonderment as I move the large rock covering the door. I hop into the cave and he follows.

I close the door behind us and we both run down the hall into the dome room. I immediately show him all the weapons my father has engineered for me. Anakin holds each one like it's made of glass.

I begin to throw targets up into the air and pick up the throwing knives, activating them. He watches me try to hit the targets, but I'm nervous of him watching me and miss every one. Embarrassed I let the targets fall and start to put the knives away.

"Can I try?" He ask shyly.

I nod and hand them over. I hold a few of the targets in place and he throws the knives at them. Most of them get surprisingly close and one of them even makes it onto the target.

He looks at me and smiles. He's very proud of himself. I hand him one of my small blades and take the other one. Besides my father and Obi I've never practiced a duel with anyone else. I take my stance and he picks one quickly, not sure how to act.

I swing my sword to one side and he mimics my movements. I meet his sword in the middle and he holds his steady. I look at him to make sure he's okay and he's beaming, thankful for some play fighting.

I decide to activate the electricity on my blade and he does the same. He's wary of the sparks coming off but I assure him there's nothing to worry about. Getting hit by one of these stings, naturally, but it's not dangerous otherwise. He nods and as I'm still trying to adjust myself into position, he lunges at me.

I block his first strike but he slides his blade down mine and stings my hands. I drop the blade, shocked, and roll away from his blade swinging at my ankles. I grab your sword and hit his calves, hard, and he falls over, dropping the blade and holding his legs.

I grab the second blade and have both crisscrossed over him when both blades deactivate and are pulled from my hands. Shocked I look up and see my father, less than pleased by my performance.

"He's never trained before, Calypso. Why would you attack him so fiercely?" He asks forcefully.

I start to stammer out that he was the one who started being aggressive first but my father puts his hand up.

"Don't. A Jedi would never attack an inexperienced, defenseless opponent. I thought we taught you better than that." I look behind him and see Obi looking at me sympathetically.

I hang your head and nod. I help Anakin up to his feet and apologize and he assures me it's alright.

"Master, it was my fault. I attacked her before she was ready to begin our duel. It's my fault," he defends.

My father smiles at his valor.

"Very well. Let's save duels until it's a fair fight, alright my dear?" He asks and I nod rapidly.

"Now then. Come back to the palace. We need to discuss your future my dear child." He says.

Anakin and I exchange looks and I get nervous.

I guess today is when I decide whether I will become a Jedi knight, or stay on Lestrad and become queen and after, potential senator.