Chapter 21

Anakins POV:

I felt happy for the first time in forever. Cal and I spent every moment together when she wasn't with her father.

We often went into Coruscant to explore the city or sat in the garden while she sketched me and the city. Other days I'd tinker in my room while she sat in the corner and read.

Some days we went into the training rooms together, now that we had both become much better fighters. Calypso was very quick and agile with her two shoto blades while I had my one standard sized blue bladed lightsaber. I relied more on strength and adapting to my opponents attacks.

Once she understood my fighting style she became more intense, tapping into areas of the dark side to achieve her victory. Master Windu had trained her in a lot of combat areas, because her and him were the only Jedi you knew with purple lightsabers, meaning they used both sides of the force during combat.

They understood one another and I had heard from different masters that when her and Mace got into a duel it truly was a sight to behold. I wish I had been able to witness it.

I wanted to teach Cal how to pilot like me. She knew the basics, what Obiwan was willing to teach her, since he hated flying. But I wanted to show her the feeling of freedom flying could bring. And the unreal speeds you can reach.

I had spent more than half the day in space trying to teach Cal tactical maneuvers and evading techniques when a hologram from Obiwan came through.

"Padawan Skywalker," he addresses me with disdain. "The council has requested for Calypso and myself to meet them immediately. Please bring her back." I nod and the hologram shuts off.

I look over to Calypso in the autopilots seat and it looks as though her whole body has just deflated. I kneel down in front of her and make her look at me. I see tears collecting in her eyes and I don't know what to do, I just want to fly out into the galaxy with her.

"I don't want to leave you again," she says softly. "They have a mission, I'm sure of it. Who knows how far away it'll be and how long I'll be gone? We've only gotten three and a half weeks back together. And this is the happiest I've felt since I left home."

I warmed at her words, I felt the same. "As long as we have eachother.."

"....everything will be okay," she finishes and smiles.

I got into the pilots seat and started making my way into coruscants atmosphere. I sent the Jedi temple our landing permits and verification code and landing in the hangar.

The walk to the council chambers went too fast although I know Cal and me are both dragging our feet. Obiwan met her there outside the door.

"You're late," Obiwan says and looks disdainfully at me.

"I didn't want to come," she snaps.

Obiwan says nothing to Cals retort but I can tell he sympathizes with her. He too has gone through great disappointments.

Cal as told me about the famous "Satine" Obiwan calls out for at night. But they haven't talked about who she is or was yet. She must've been someone very important to Obiwan.

Cal leaves my side to go into the lift but I grab her hand instinctively. So much smaller than mine now but still so familiar and comforting.

"Everything's okay. You're going to be okay." I say and grin.

She smiles gratefully and steps into the lift, still facing me as the door closes.

*****

I was sitting on our ledge when I felt Cal come into the garden. It was late. Itd been a couple hours since she'd gone to the council and I was impatient to know what they'd said.