Chapter 41

Calypso's POV:

Three days of endless torture and questioning, but my answers were never satisfactory to Vizsla. As hours and days past I learned he didn't know what he wanted to learn from me, only that he was upset at me for ruining his plans for overtaking Mandalore and Duchess Satine.

I was sent to the medical tent every night to get shots of drugs that would shoot me with a numbing serum so I couldn't feel my injuries. It only lasted until the morning and then it all began again.

I think I'm dying. Every muscle in my body was too weak to hold me up. I ate only what Alliyah could sneak me, although I was kept hydrated.

I was so grateful for her, she did everything she could for me. Her husband, Garrick, also helped me however he could. He snuck me an extra blanket and swapped a more comfortable pillow out for the one I was given.

I knew they couldn't do more than the bare minimum for me, we were, after all, only friends of circumstance. They were the reason I was sent to Mandalore in the first place.

I had learned through various eavesdropping and small inquiries that Viszla had sent Gar Saxon, Bo-Katan and Wilken among other guards to pose as Mandalorian guards. They had some Mandalore civilians on their side that helped them into the guard center. They were tasked to learn the guards patterns and times where they might be less alert. They were to then kidnap or murder Satine (Alliyah wasn't sure which) and retake Mandalore.

The day before they were ready to attack, I had discovered their lies and the rest was history.

Now, I was too weak to walk, each new way I'd been tortured quickly making me weaker. On the morning of the fourth day I used what was left of my strength to reach out to my father.

Father, I'm sorry. I love you.

I needed him to know I tried my best. But from the moment I came here I knew that unless I was rescued, my escape was hopeless. I'm too weak.

Everything's okay. You're going to be okay.

Anakins reassuring words seemed like a joke at my expense. I was not okay and I hadn't been for some time. I was scared and lost. And worse of all I was alone. No one was on my side of things and although Alliyah and Brinleys kindness had helped keep my spirits up, if it came down to it, they would stand firm with Vizsla.

I wanted to reach out to Obiwan, to let him know I didnt blame him for not coming to rescue me. He was with Satine, protecting her, and my involuntary involvement in thwarting this rebellious groups plan had saved her and her little boys life.

I have failed you, Master.

Tears well in my eyes and began to fall. I never thought this is how everything would end, my life, this mission, but like your father had told me so many years ago, the life of a Jedi is unpredictable. And the willingness to lay down ones life for the Republic was the biggest part of it.

The biggest part of me, that I had tried and failed to silence, longed for Anakin. I wanted to be wrapped safely in his arms, have him caress and kiss away the nightmare I was in. He was my home away from home, the place I felt most safe to be myself.

Anakin, help me.

I beg him to hear me. I know he must be too far away to hear but I cant do this alone. I'm too weak, I'm too scared, I'm too damaged.

"Alone, never have you been."

A familiar voice sounds in my thoughts. "Master Yoda." I say aloud and look around me.