Chapter 30

Anakins POV:

I wake up next to Cal, asleep on my arm. We'd stayed up extremely late talking about various things but mostly about our relationship to each other.

She explained she wasn't trying to push me away, but merely step back from where we were. Id decided I wouldn't seek out alone time or spend the night together after tonight. Cal had also suggested, to both of our extreme dislike, that I shouldn't kiss anymore. After last night, I would resort to being just friends again.

But last night, I couldn't stop kissing her. I never wanted to stop and I knew she didn't either. We lost track of time and before I knew it the birds were chirping outside.

We both fell asleep, cuddled up in each other, too afraid of tomorrow to let go of the safety of each other's arms.

It's well into the afternoon and I'm really surprised no ones come to wake either of us. But I don't care. I won't wake Cal up and I won't leave her side till she kicks me out. Im not prepared for the shattering of the glass case I've built around my relationship with her.

So I watch her sleep, peaceful and completely comfortable next to me. I watch her chest rise and fall. I'm mesmerized by every part of her.

I lightly trace her arm down from her shoulder to her hand which makes goosebumps rise on her skin. I love the way her skin reacts to my touch. She stirs and cuddles into me and my heart melts. I don't think I could ever keep myself from her.

I want to argue with her, to just run away, but I know how that will go. We'll go around in another circle and come back to the same place, hurting my heart all over again.

I begin to trace her jawline, to her neck and to her ear, her skin riddled with goosebumps. I begin to trace down the strap of her nightgown to her back and she cuddles closer into me, definitely waking up now.

"Anakin," she says quietly. I kiss her nose and travel kisses down to her chin and then neck. I suck on her skin lightly and she gasps. I want to continue but she brings my face to hers.

"What time is it, handsome boy," she says sleepily.

"Time for you to let me kiss you and forget everything else," I say and kiss her softly but she places her fingers on my lips before I can continue.

"I thought last night was when we were stopping all this?" She says but I know she hates to have to.

"How about a compromise?" I offer and she actually perks up. "How about we still get to do this," I say and kiss her lightly again, "until I leave tomorrow morning?"

She thinks for a while but I know she'll agree. "I'm not ready to wake up from this dream just yet." She says and kisses me.

We're interrupted not soon after by Calypso's mother knocking lightly on the door.

"Calypso dear! We're all heading down to the city gardens for a stroll and Satine has asked that you join us." She says and then pauses, "she wants you there as well, Young Skywalker."

Calypso's eyes widen and I merely shrug. We both end up laughing and continue kissing for a time before Cal eventually tears herself away from me.

I grumble and lay flat on my stomach on her bed, unwillingly to move and I end up just watching her do her hair on her vanity.