Chapter 17

Calypso's POV:

Obiwan wasn't kidding about Ilum being cold. Once the ships platform drops and we all file out, the wind whipped at my hair and I pull my cloaks hood over my head and hug my cloak close to me.

Obiwan and Yoda made their way to a mountain and we all followed close behind.

Obiwan explained that we all needed to work together with the force to open the temple door and so we all extended our hands.

The ice wall shatters to reveal a magnificent doorway. "Hurry younglings," Obiwan calls over the wind. "The sun is rising and we need to get started right away."

We all ran inside and Yoda made his way into the middle of a tall room, encased in thick walls of ice. He uses the force to open a portion of the wall, which lets sunlight flood in and melt a tall door that had been previously blocked with a thick sheet of ice.

"Younglings," Obiwan started, "Inside the temple caves are each of your individual crystals. It may take you some time to find it but do not lose heart. You will know which one is yours. I can't tell you how, but you'll know. The door will start to close so do not waste your time. Take too long and you will be stuck."

The door was completely open but we look up and start to see it the very top of the door starting to freeze over. Me and the rest of the younglings made our way into the caves.

*****

Once we enter the cave we all separate. I'd felt an odd call, like a song only I could hear and had headed off in that direction.

I travel a long way into the cave, continuously being lead by the song. I have begun to stress out. I feel like I have been in here too long. I don't want to go on. But I can't leave without my crystal. I press on until I finally come into an open part of the cave.

I see a small light illuminating the whole room. There's a chasm between me and the light. I look down into it and see nothing but emptiness. I need to get to the light but I can't just jump over the chasm, its too long.

I try to look for another way around but there isn't one and I know I'm running out of time. I am spending way too much time stuck in place. I sit crossed legged, trying to clear my thoughts. I have to trust in the force to get me to where I need to go.

I see large rocks near my crystal. I lift one, but it falls. I can't concentrate well enough to keep it levitated.

I breathe hard and try again with a different rock. It floats up shakily but I concentrate hard and it begins to seamlessly float towards me, over the chasm.

I wait till it's about in the middle of the chasm and try and time my jump right. Im getting tired so I just have to trust myself. I jump on the rock as it's falling and somersault onto the ledge but don't land it properly and hit the wall.

I hit my hip and shoulder really hard but I dont have time to focus on my pain.. I stoop down and carefully take the crystal out of its place. It's beautiful, smaller than I expected and translucent. It won't get its color until I assemble my lightsaber.

Realizing that I can't go back the way I came I seek out to find another way out. I see a small winding tunnel behind a stone I moved. I wanted to find another way to go but I don't have time. So I just had to trust it lead back into the tunnel I came through or one that leads to the door.

I start walking, crouched down through the tunnel which is really difficult with how badly my shoulder hurts. The tunnel starts to get smaller, so I had to get on my hands and knees. Then it got even smaller and I had to crawl on my belly which almost makes me scream out in pain.