Chapter 8

Calypso's POV:

I never wanted to let my mother go. We were both crying uncontrollably, dreading the moments we wouldn't be in eachothers arms. I pulled away only far enough to look her in the face.

"I promise I'll reach out into the force to let you know I'm safe. I'll come back whenever I can. I'll remember everything you taught me mother. I won't let you down." I say and hug her again.

"I know you won't my dear. I love you with all I am. I hope you'll get to meet your brother or sister when they arrive. I'll tell them all about you." She says and releases me. She kisses my head, tucks my hair behind my ear and cups my cheek. I lean into her hand and step away as my father comes to say goodbye to her.

"My dear wife," he says as he hugs her, "I will take care of her and watch over her. I will come back to see you when I can, to see our child. Be safe, I love you." He says before kissing her.

She can't speak, her tears are falling too hard. She whispers through her tears, "I love you."

He lets her go and we step onto the ship. I turn around one last time towards home, the only place I've ever known. I wave to my mother. She holds her stomach and waves with her other hand. We walk into the ship and take off.

I look out the window as we rise above the castle and the town and into the sky. It all seems so small. We fly out of the atmosphere and my father advises me to sit down as we prepare for hyperspace. I look next to me at Anakin. He smiles warmly at me and takes my hand; it eases my nerves.

We take off the into space, towards Coruscant.

****

Master Kenobi has been prepping and practicing my answers with me for when the Jedi council questions me about my past.

"What is your full name?" He starts

"Calypso Constinella." I say, having taken your mother's maiden name.

"Who is your father?" He asks.

"His name was Devigne, but he left before I was a year old." I answer.
My mother's chief adviser had been a Lestradian named Devigne who had indeed been in love with her.

However, when father came to ensure Lestrad's loyalty to the Republic, they had fallen in love and although Devigne tried to remain impartial and loyal to mother, once I came along his jealousy overcame him and he had to resign.

"How did we come to find you and recruit you to become a Jedi?" He asked finally.

I had to remember exactly, I closed my eyes and started, "Your ships hyperdrive was damaged during your departure from Naboo. My planet of Lestrad is the only other republic system nearby so you headed straight there till your hyperdrive was repaired."

I took a moment to think, "While there my mother allowed you to stay at our palace and you sensed my strength with the force the moment you met me. You offered me a choice to remain on Lestrad or join the order. I feared for my mother's safety, if the sith were to invade my planet and find me so I left with you and fath... Master Qui-Gon." I finished.

"Good, good." Obiwan said and got up. "I'm going to go speak with Master Qui-Gon to see the progress of our trip. Anakin, keep practicing with her. And also don't forget to corroborate your stories to match up."

"What is your full name?" Anakin started as Obiwan walked away.

I sighed and was about to begin again when Anakin interrupted.

"Don't worry, you already know it." He said and grinned at me. "I just wanted to appease Master."

I smiled, again, grateful for his thoughtfulness. It seemed like he picked up on my emotions more than anyone else and I really appreciated it.

"How are you feeling about all this?" I ask and realize I hadn't really thought about how all this was affecting this young boy.

"I'm scared." He admits and looks down at his hands, embarrassed. "I left everything and everyone I've ever known. I just hope they allow me to become a youngling. I miss my mother but I don't want to go home. Not till I can make my mother proud."

I stand up and move to be beside him. I take his hand in mine, as he's done for me when I needed comforting. Again I feel that connection. It reminds me of the feeling of hugging your mom; complete comfort and peace. I hope he feels it too.

"We're gonna be okay, you know," he says and looks you in the eyes. His eyes hold so much warmth and hope, it's mesmerizing. "As long as we have eachother, we're gonna be okay."

I want to promise him I'll never leave him, will protect him at all costs. I care for him and feel like I can trust him. But I'm afraid I won't be able to keep that promise. And I never want to let him down.

Instead I nod and smile. "I hope you're right."

Obiwan abruptly walks in and I drop hands with Anakin, although I don't understand why I should.

Obiwan notices but says nothing about it.

"We're coming out of hyperspace." He explains right as I feel the ship slow down. I run to the window and see a bright planet with circle rings of light with lines connecting all of them. So many buildings, shining so brightly that it seems to almost blend in amongst the stars.

"Welcome to Coruscant, little Cal."