Terminator Salvation: Reborn (Reasons for doing so)

Since I forgot to actually list the reasons for fixing only one scene in Salvation in the reborn chapter, I'll be doing it here.

Here are the reasons why I decided to make such a change:
-The ending was a bit expected, so really the movie ends with the same boring story about the war continuously going on with John Connor leading the Resistance against Skynet.
-Killing off John Connor would not only take the audiences by surprise, but create a cliffhanger in the franchise with so many people surprised that John Connor is not the one to lead humanity through defeating Skynet
-Killing him off would lead to an infinite amount of possibilities in any next movie due to the timeline either being canon to first two movies or being completely altered, thus meaning the same timeline we all know would no longer continue as we thought and go anywhere we want (except Dark Fate, that sh*t is too dumb to happen)
-Having him die off and then have possibly Kate to lead would lead to a greater theme of hope for humanity, due to going on for the sake of their survival and living rather than dying. Instead of just having the same leader written all over the brief synopsis of the franchise itself.
-Having him die off would lead to a turning point of the franchise and spark more interest possibly in the box office business, as long as the writing is consistent and knows where it's going despite all of the craziness like Doctor Who.
-While all of the sacrifices in the first two films would've gone in vain, at least John's own sacrifice would inspire the Human Resistance to fight on until Skynet is finally defeated.

So there you have it. In my opinion, I believe THIS would be the only way to keep the franchise alive without milking every single drop of money making from it. And having all of us feel like putting it out of its misery at the same time.