Evangelion 2.22: Reborn

A/N: My second installment of the Evangelion Reborn Series

Reborn:
The story begins in the Antarctic, where the Southern Branch of NERV, has currently captured an Egg inside the remains of an unknown white derelict inside the very core of the frozen continent. The Egg itself would be studied in several short scenes and said to be a biological incubation of what could be the 6th Angel. (Yes, I'm reverting the order of Angels to 17 because the lack of information on offscreen Angels in Rebuild is bullsh*t). However, it soon hatched and breaks out of containment, managing to escape alive in its infant form by activating its own AT Field, destroying all surveillance and failsafe weaponry in its surroundings before it could be seen or terminated.

It tries to head towards the center of the facility by diving into the icy waters within the destroyed remains of the White Derelict while another Angel is reported outside of the Antarctic, currently ramming through all of the glaciers and digging deep into the core of Antarctica to reach the White Derelict and the Base itself. The entire facility was surprised that two Angels are attacking at the same time and things seemed to be extremely disadvantageous for them, impossible to thwart even.

But Mari Illustrious Makinami, a new pilot, launches Evangelion Provisional Unit-05.

She heads to the nearest Angel first, forces it out of the waters within the Antarctic Derelict by piercing its back with its lance, and pushes it down to get bombarded by N2 torpedoes launches by NERV submarines

She heads to the nearest Angel first, forces it out of the waters within the Antarctic Derelict by piercing its back with its lance, and pushes it down to get bombarded by N2 torpedoes launches by NERV submarines. Enraged, it jumps out of the waters and engages the Prototype. While revealing itself to be the Angel of Death, Azrael.

 It is able to show off a difficult fight for the much inferior machine and constantly attack the Machine with a much greater advantage

It is able to show off a difficult fight for the much inferior machine and constantly attack the Machine with a much greater advantage. Due to having its AT Field and the ability to move on land when forced to self-mutate in its new surroundings, while also shooting multiple lasers in any direction from its eyeless sockets. However, it's AT Field was quickly disabled by NERV's conventional weaponry and helped turn the tide of the fight in their favor. However, just as Unit 05 was about to finish it off after injuring it greatly and sending it to the snowy floor, the 7th Angel bursts out from underneath the ground, having penetrated through the White Derelict seconds ago and suddenly chomps the already-damaged Eva in its teeth. Revealed to be none other than the Angel of Fish, Gaghiel.