Chapter 37: Things Are Changing...

Mikuo's POV:

"DUDE!" Fukase yelled.

"Huh? What?"

"This is literally the fifth time you've spaced out. You were like this all yesterday too."

"Wait what day is it?"

"Uh...Tuesday."

"Shoot! Don't we have practise!?" I cried.

"Um...we're AT practice." Fukase seemed concerned.

I looked around and realized I was in the gym. "Oh..."

"What's on your mind lately? Don't tell me the distinguished bachelor has fallen in love?" He joked.

"Uh...no...no way! Not me! Not ever! You know us...just a couple of bach-el-ors!" I floundered.

"Alright what's she like?" Fukase sighed and brought me over to the bleachers. 

"Well...do you know my sisters friend? Len Kagamine?" I asked.

"Yeah. Blonde kid right?"

"Well it's his sister."

"He has a sister?" Fukase asked blankly.

"Apparently. The weirder thing is we apparently used to know them back in Japan. Well, Miku knew them. I never hung around her or her friends." I added sheepishly.

"And how long has by best friend been bewitched?"

"Uh, maybe like four or five days?"

"Cool. Is this a passing fancy kind of crush or a "NOTICE ME SEMPAI!" Kind of crush."

"More like a "Kissed after three days of being around each other" kind of crush." I grinned.

Fukase almost, never mind he DID choke up his water. "What the! Don't tell me that you've driven into love-town and now are gonna become mayor playboy!"

"What the heck Fukase." I laughed.

"So does she think your cool? How did she react? Are you going to ask her out?"

"Uh I was the one doing the reacting. SHE kissed ME. And I might but I'm going to think on it a bit more."

"Woah woah woah...back it up there a minute..."

"Backing up..."

"No dude this is serious. SHE kissed YOU FIRST!?"

"Yep."

"Wow...that's. That's pretty great. I mean, why do us guys always have to do the hard stuff?"

"I know right!?"

"I get so gosh darn nervous around girls so it isn't fair." Fukase moaned.

"Yeah, you turn into an idiot." I agreed.

"You were supposed to reassure me and boost my confidence." Fukase sighed. "I thought we were friends."

"We are. Best friends. Haven't you seen any of the memes about friends versus best friends?"

"Yes. Yes I have. Does this mean you're going to abandon me for your new GF?"

"You watch too much TV."

"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted." Fukase quoted. "Doesn't that make me sound smart?"

"More like lazy." I rolled my eyes.

Len's POV:

I thought that by signing up as a volunteer for the stinkin' dance committee that I would be able to hang out with Miku more. But the stinkin' class president had to put me on stinkin' sweeping.