Chapter 13: Miku at the Mall

(A/N: And now!!! A huge thank you to the first ever person to add my book to their reading list!!! Thank you Sugakookies446!!!)

Len's POV:

Soooooooo......there's a girl sleeping on me. My phone was completely dead so I put it on the charger upstairs. I can't play games on it so now I have nothing to do. Great! I just realized my phone won't even be charging since the power's out! To top it off it is kind of dark down here.

Oh...never mind...Rin just got the generator working. I waited for ten minutes to hear any sounds of screaming or flames and then decided that Rin was fine.

My headphones had fallen off of Miku a while ago, but the thunder doesn't seem to bother her while she's sleeping. I am super incredibly BORED. I don't think I ever understood what actual boredom was like before.

I heard the alarm that sounds whenever the door is open sound upstairs.

"RIN! LEN! WHERE ARE YOU!!! IS MIKU OKAY!?" I heard my mom yell. My mom opened the basement door and practically ran down the stairs. 

She stopped when she got to the bottom and saw me and Miku. 

Rin appeared behind her. "Did the headphones fall off?" She asked me.

"Yeah." I said pointing to the headphones next to Miku.

"To block out the thunder? Oh that's so smart!" My mom said. "Okay I'm going to get the groceries put away, and maybe eat one of the delicious looking cupcakes that are on my counter."

Rin looked at me. "Weird...how did she know that Miku was scared of thunder?"

Hm...that is weird. Miku's soft breathing faltered and she stirred a little bit. Then her eyes opened and she jumped up.

"Good morning." Rin laughed.

"Ah! Did I fall asleep!? I'm sorry!" She said bowing to me.

"It's alright. I didn't know you were scared of thunder." I replied.

"Oh...uh..."

"Len don't put her on the spot!" Rin yelled at me. Then she gave Miku a big hug. "It's okay, you should see me when I see a spider."

Miku shivered. "Spiders are the worst. Any other bug is fine." Then she looked at me and blushed. "Uh, what time is it?"

I feel bad that she's embarrassed, but I understand; I've fallen asleep on Rin before and my mom took pictures. I glanced at my watch. "It is now...twelve o'clock."

"I should get home." Miku sighed.

"Hey I have an idea! Let's all go out for lunch!" Rin cried clapping her hands together.

"But..." Miku started.

"I'll go ask mom!" Rin yelled running up the stairs.

I shook my head and Miku started twisting some of her hair. "Rin seems really nice." She said.

"Seems." I stated.

"No! That's not what I meant! I meant I think she's nice!" Miku tried to explain waving her arms.

"No, I know what you meant, and I'm saying she only seems nice." I replied.

"Oh." Miku started twisting her hair again.

Rin came back downstairs. "Mom says yes! Let's go!" She yelled running back upstairs. Then she came back down when she realized we weren't following her. "Come on you guys!"