Chapter 27: Explanations

Len's POV:

My entire family was incredibly happy that Miku was okay. Rin was bugging the heck out of me to get all the details of what had happened before and after Miku woke up. Part of me wanted to tell her that I kissed a girl, but my common sense told me that that was a terrible idea.

"Len you are a HERO!" She yelled after I had gotten to the part where I called the police.

"Uh...the police kind of did all the work." I pointed out.

"Yeah? Well what if you hadn't called them? What then genius?" Rin said.

I shuddered. I didn't want to think about it.

Miku had fully regained all her memories of the past. All the ones of me and Rin and of her mother. I told her about the tree and the concussion I got. She also told me how she forgot us:

"I remember that I was carrying something down the stairs back in Japan." Miku started. "Then all of a sudden, I felt someone push me and I fell and hit my head. I don't think dad was home and I must have been out for a while...but when I woke up I couldn't seem to remember anything! Even where I was or who Mikuo was! I eventually remembered my family but that was it. And when we moved to America...well I didn't have enough time to remember anything else."

"Do the doctors know how you came to remember everything?" I asked curiously.

"They think it was cause I got hit on the head." Miku explained tapping her head. "They say the it might have done a bunch of scientific stuff and that's how I could remember again."

I laughed and then an awkward silence followed. Lately we've been having a lot of those.

As soon as the doctors are ready to let Miku go, my family is going to invite all the Hatsune's to our beach house for a weekend. It's going to be a surprise. Mr. Hatsune knows but I don't think Mikuo does so I haven't mentioned it to him.

Rin has planned ever single minute of the event. She wants to go to the beach and the fair that's been going on over there this past week. Mom and dad said she should probably hold off on the planning because the trip was for the Hastunes and not her.

Miku grew stronger and stronger each day. And every day our awkward silences were...well...long and awkward. 

Not only was the Hatsune family reunited but so were our families. My dad and Mr. Hatsune had frequent long talks about boring stuff. Mikuo would talk mostly with me and Rin but I don't think he likes me very much still because he talks to Rin a lot more than me. Maybe that's just cause Rin talks more so he has to answer way more questions?

I'm so excited for the trip!