Chapter 26: The Promise

Len's POV:

It's been six days and Miku still hasn't woken up. The doctors say she's probably in a coma that happened because of the blow to her head. They say that her having a fever didn't help anything.

I've been skipping school a lot. My dad makes sure I get my homework done though.

I always leave right when Mr. Hatsune and Mikuo come. I figure they should get to be alone with her since they're her family and I'm not.

I wish that Miku and I had remembered each other. I'm glad I know now but...

When will she wake up!? 

Mikuo blames himself for what happened. He keeps saying he should have been there and that he shouldn't have left. 

Mr. Hatsune always tells Mikuo that it isn't his fault. I can tell Mr. Hatsune blames himself. This may be a terrible thing to say...but I think this family needed this. It brought them back together, and I'm sure that's what Miku's mother would have wanted.

I sighed.

"Mrs. Hatsune..." I whispered. "Your family is back together, but it might fall apart again." What was I saying? "You need to help Miku wake up..."

Then an image flashed into my head. Well... not really an image, but a memory.

"Len...will you kiss me before I die?" Came Miku's little voice in my head.

I looked over at Miku. Then I laughed at myself I would rather kiss Miku when she was awake and would know about it. Then I could see what she thought about it. I checked my the time and decided I should probably be getting home.

Another memory crept into my mine. "Len...don't leave me..." I heard Miku's voice as clearly as If she was saying it aloud.

Oh alright fine! I yelled at myself.

I bent over Miku and slowly kissed her. Wouldn't it be funny if...

Wait...I felt something. Miku was...she was...

Miku was moving! At least her eyes were! I felt her eyelashes open.

I jumped back and looked down at her.

"L...Len? W...Where am I?" She whispered in a shaky voice.

"Miku!" I cried. "Your okay! You're at the hospital."

"Len did you kiss me? Or was that just part of the dream?" She asked.

"Uh...yeah...I sort of did..." I was kind of completely embarrassed.

Miku sighed and closed her eyes. "Just like..." She coughed. "You promised."

I froze. "You remember?"

Miku smiled. "I do now."

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled.

"Len?" She whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Will you...will you...will you kiss me again?" Came the tiny voice.

I stood there in shock. Miku wanted me to kiss her?

My body robotically leaned over Miku and next thing I knew...

Yeah...we were kissing. (And I really liked it)

 "Thank you." Miku said putting her hands over her face to cover her pink cheeks.

I smirked a little. Then I remembered there was something I had to do.

I dialed my phone.

<><><><>Time skip WHEEEEE<><><><>

Miku's POV:

I think it was ten minutes later that My dad and Mikuo burst into the room. (Len had called them)

"MIKU I'M SO SORRY I LEFT YOU!!!" Mikuo yelled grabbing me in a really tight hug.

"It's okay." I coughed.

My dad slowly walked over to my bed. "Miku..." He whispered. "Will you forgive me?"

"For what?" I asked confused.

"For...never being there." My dad sighed.

I smiled and reached out my arms. Dad crossed over and embraced me. I started crying. Len stood In a corner with an embarrassed smile on his face.

"Now someone needs to tell me something." I announced with a cough.

"What?" My dad and Mikuo asked.

"How the heck did I get here?" I cried.

Mikuo smiled. "She's going to be just fine."

Mikuo and my dad and Len took turns giving their inputs on how I got to the hospital.

"You scared the crud out of me when you called me like that." Len said at the end.

"Sorry." I laughed between my coughs. "I was delusional."

"What was it like?" Len asked me.

"It was dark and scary." I declared. "And filled with dreams and nightmares and memories. At the end mom came and said "Wake up Miku! Miku it's time to wake up!" and then I woke up and...uh...yeah." I looked at him with what I thought was a significant glance.

"Well I'm so glad your awake." Mikuo sighed with relief and grabbed her into another hug.

"Thanks..." *cough" "oni-chan..."