9

Chapter 9

We haven't had sex, it's been four months and we haven't had sex. I know I said White is new but I didn't say I don't want to try it. We go on dates, he drops me off. We watch movies in bed, he cuddles me then we sleep. Oral? Nothing! He just kisses me, he kisses me everywhere but the important part. Same thing today, I slept over thinking I will get some action, I shaved!! I look good, I smell great but Nathan just wants to hold me.
Me" Think someone is knocking"
Nathan" Fuck, it's so early"
He kissed my back then got out of bed, I heard laughter then he opened the bedroom door.
Thabang" You didn't text"
Nathan" Why are you here?"
Thabang got in bed and covered himself with blankets.
Nathan" Why are you in my bed?"
"Is this what Musa had to put up with?"
Thabang" We don't say that name here"
Me" He needs to vent, get in here"
Nathan" Nope, I am not doing this with you two. I'm going to make myself coffee and you'll join me whenever you are ready"
Me" Are you cool?"
Nathan" With?"
Me" Him being in your bed?"
He laughed
Nathan" Your friendship is weird but I know I have nothing to worry about"
"You need to take a spare if you will be here every morning"
Thabang" You moving in with Nate?"
Me" No! It's still early"
"Babe please make me a cup too"
Thabang" I can't believe you idiots are dating! I didn't see this one coming"
Nathan and I laughed
Me" It just happened"
Nathan" I need to make a few calls"
"We need to also set a few boundaries"
Thabang" Just go, we need to gossip about you"

Me"Is he a virgin?"
Thabang" Hahaha hell no, maybe he just thinks you're not ready"
"Are you ready?"
Me" I've had sex before"
Thabang" I know, but this is different for you"
"I know you Lona and I know him, this is it for you both. You are the girl that will make Nathan consider marriage and he is the guy that will make you finally go back to PE"
Me" That's scary"
Thabang" It's good, you deserve this love and honestly, so does Nate. So don't rush it, sex will always be there but bonding and getting to know each other before the world ruins this for you, this is important"
Me" I hear you"
"What's wrong? Tomorrow we have self care Sunday but you wanted to see me today. You never do that"
Thabang" Bahle is pregnant"
Me" My Bahle?"
Thabang" Why is she yours?"
Me" She is my friend"
Thabang" Yea but you don't own her"
Me" Why are you being weird?"
Thabang" Why are you asking me stupid questions?"
We both stared at each other and laughed
Me" You slept with Bahle!!! Thabang! Hay Thabang"
Thabang" We were drunk! And she took advantage of me in the morning, we were both sober then. It was consensual Lona"
"I did use protection"
Me" She is pregnant"
Thabang" I know, I don't know if I used a condom when we were drunk"
"It's my child"
Me" She is marr...
Thabang" To an abusive fucker! I saw the scars and you didn't tell me!"
Me" Why would I tell you?"
"You hate Bahle"
Thabang" I don't hate her, she just annoys me"
"But it doesn't mean I don't care for her"
Me" I love you and you know this, but when he finds out about her being pregnant with your child, it won't end well  for her"
"She will not survive this one"
Thabang" I found a divorce lawyer for her"
" That's my first child Lonz, I will burn the world for those that I love. You should know this by now"
Me" You told your parents?"
Thabang" Yea, but I don't need their help for now. I can handle this one alone"
Me" Did you speak to Bahle?"
"What does she want to do?, she also has to agree with you, it's her body after all"
Thabang" She wants out"
Me" This will end in tears"
Thabang" Happy ones right?"
Me" Yes, we deserve some happiness"
"I cannot believe you will be a father!"
Thabang" He will be spoilt, I will do everything for that boy"
Me" Or girl"
Thabang" Don't ruin this moment for me"
We both sat there in silence, holding hands. We were saying things, without really uttering the words. This chapter of our lives will be legendary, we are doing it together.

After Thabang left, Nathan and I took a shower together. We decided to have lunch outside, he did a picnic for us.
Nathan" I love this view"
Me" It's really beautiful"
"How many homes do you own?"
Nathan" Three, this one and the one in Stellenbosch, then I have another place in Mount edgecombe, it's in Durban"
Me" I have never been to Durban"
Nathan"It's beautiful"
"I actually wanted to move there"
Me"Why?"
Nathan" The racism in Cape Town can be exhausting"
"I loved KZN when I was in high school, I've always known I would end up there"
Me" Where are you originally from?"
Nathan"Honestly, I'm not sure, Andrew and I have no recollection of ever having a childhood home. Just like Thabang we've been in boarding school since the first grade, we never went home during weekends just during the holidays. My parents had property everywhere, so home is really wherever we were during those holidays. Then Andrew and I decided to buy a home in Bishops, we made that our family home. If we ever have a family, we promised we would is use that home for family events, our children would know that house as our childhood home"
Me" Are your parents still alive?"
Nathan" My father, our mother passed away when we were 14"
"Dad remarried"
Me" Do you want children?"
Nathan" Two girls"
Me"Why girls?"
Nathan" I don't know but I just don't want boys"
"How about you?"
Me" I want to a family, I want one boy and two girls, I don't want a big house. I just want enough room for us"
"And Thabang"
We laughed.
Nathan" I want that with you"
Me" What?"
Nathan" I want to get married, have babies and make you happy for the rest of our lives"
"This can we our family home"
Me" We have been together for 4 months Nathan"
He held my hand
Nathan" I've wanted you for 3 years, I know you are what I want"
"I can pretend to not be ready, I can take things slow for you. Until you catch up"
Me" But you don't want to have sex with me"
Nathan" Why would you think that?"
Me" Because you haven't had sex with me"
Nathan" Because you said you just want to cuddle, you said for now you just want us to..."
Me" Nathaniel! That night! You didn't have a condom so I wanted us to cuddle!"
"I want you, I want you to have sex with you. Nate I shaved and I hate shaving but I shaved, I really want us to have sex. I even bought condoms seeing you never have any, I want this. Babe I want you, please let's do this"
Nathan" You don't like shaving?"
I rolled my eyes
Me" Focus!!! I want sex"
Nathan" Fine"
Me" Thank you"

..