Ch. 26 Advices

November 4th, 1984
Hawkins, Indiana

   "Well, then what?" Dustin asked Steve, causing me to smirk. "Yeah, Steve. Then what?"

Rolling his eyes, Steve looked down at his bucket and grabbed two more cubes. "Well, then you just wait.." That was all he said as he lightly threw the pieces in front of him.

"Until you feel it." He mumbled. "Feel what?" Dustin asked while I turned around to look at the two boys.

"It's like before it's gonna storm, you know? You can't see it, but you can feel it, like this..." Steve stopped for a second and made eye contact with me while Dustin and I waited for him to finish. "Like electricity."

Dustin nodded, "Oh, like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere-" "No, Dustin. Just no." I cut the young boy off, a small smile on my lips. "I think he means more like a sexual electricity, right?" I asked Steve, looking away from Dustin and towards Steve.

"Exactly, you feel that, and then you make your move." Steve nodded and looked back down at his bucket. "Then you kiss her?" Dustin asked innocently causing Steve to shake his head dramatically. "Whoa, slow down, Romeo."

"Sorry." Dustin mumbled. "I mean, yeah. You know, some girls, they want you to be aggressive. You know, strong, hot and heavy, like a lion." Rolling my eyes, I turned around away from the boys, and continued throwing my own cubes.

"But others, you gotta be slow, you gotta be stealthy like a ninja." Steve finished.

"What type is Nell?" Dustin asked causing me to chuckle lightly. "She's different from other girls. She's... special." Steve trailed off, trying to find the right word.

"I guess." Dustin mumbled, "But this girl's special, too, you know. It's just, like, something about her." Dustin continued, his voice slowly starting to sound more dreamy as he talked about the girl.

"Whoa, whoa, hey. You aren't falling in love with this girl, are you?" Steve asked, the sound of his and Dustin's footsteps came to a halt.

Turning to look at the two, I found that Steve was looking down at Dustin. "Um.. no?" Dustin stated looking slightly embarrassed. "Okay, good. Don't." Steve nodded and looked down at the ground as he began walking. "She's only gonna break your heart, and you're way too young for that shit."

Dustin looked down at the ground as the pair began to walk again, slowly catching up with me. "Steve." I whispered, grabbing his attention. "What?" He mouthed to me before I shot him a look and nodded my head towards the quiet boy that walked next to him.

Dustin looked slightly deflated at the idea that he probably shouldn't even go for his dream girl. Letting out a sigh, Steve nodded. "It's Fabergé." Steve stated and grabbed a few more cubes of meat, chucking them ahead of us.

"What?" Dustin and I asked as we looked up at him. "It's Fabergé Organics." He stated again, this time pointing up at his hair. "Use the shampoo and conditioner, and when you're hair's damp, not wet, okay. When it's damp." "Damp, okay." Dustin mumbled as he listened to Steve explain his hair routine, while I held in my laugh.

"You do four puffs of the Farrah Fawcett spray." Steve finished, causing both Dustin and I to let out our laughs. "Seriously?" "Farrah Fawcett spray?"