Chapter 11 - "Calm" Before The Storms

"Moo!!!"

A herd of cattle splashes a mud pond and a transparent whale puffs gases as a training montage is about to start, though there is no motivational soundtrack to not over-saturate the last chapter's approach.

"Stop scaring off the cows Patricia." Charlotte tells her.

"It's pretty late. Can we continue tomorrow?" Richard asks them.

"Are you afraid of the dark? We have more glowsticks at the attic." Hirohiko suggests.

"I'm not going to the attic alone." Yeethelle says.

Kodak looks at her with his reddish eyes.

"Okay, fine."

They walk towards the barn together, with Yeethelle holding on to Kodak's arms as Kodak reluctantly looks at the path ahead.

"No, I'm not. I'm not afraid of the dark. I'm just pretty tired you know." Richard tells Hirohiko.

"After all that time you spent sleeping in the car and you're still tired." Hirohiko tells him.

"Those weren't exactly sleeps that give me energy, those were like quick naps." Richard says.

"I understand. It's not my fault that you're just that weak."

"That's not a nice thing to say." Richard says in his head.

"Starting tomorrow, we'll try helping you attain the proper mental strength that will help you use your abilities more efficiently."

"I guess his voice isn't as terrifying as his attitude." Richard thought.

"Umm wait, what kind of training are we exactly going to do tonight?"

"We'll just meditate and get the feel of the cold night's wind."

"For a minute I thought we'll perform a bunch of physical activities. I mean, I should have known that since they always told me that their minds are the secret to their abilities. I mean look at Hirohiko, with that belly who would have thought he does exercise or something. Silly me." Richard adds to the list of his many internal monologues.

"Hey, Hiro.. or Hirohiko."

"You can also call me Hiro."

"Alright, Hiro. How about we do this now?"

"What's with the sudden change of your mind? If that's what you wish then I'll call out Charlotte to help me out with this."

Hirohiko looks around as Charlotte is nowhere visible.

"What exactly did you smell off this time Patricia?" Charlotte asks telepathically.

They ran through a hill as an aura became visible behind the bushes. It was an unconscious man just sitting there.

Back at the barnyard, dozens of farmers encircle a small haystack. Before Yeethelle had a chance to say something, Kodak dragged her inside the barn.

"Let's just focus on finding the glowsticks."

"Do the farmers really do that here? Never seen them stand around in circles like that."

"Oh come on. It's not like we really know those folks."

"Can't you just turn your stupid bong into a glowstick?"

"If it was a glowing bong, then we wouldn't have any problems here. Plus, it was you that dragged me here so let's just get this over with."

"Hmph."

"Found it. That was quick."

A spider jumps out of the box. Kodak screamed and fell on his feet. He turns the dollars in his pocket into a green newspaper-like object rolled up.