Chapter 32 - Kokomo: The Forbidden Act

"I heard you kids caused a ruckus while I was gone."

"It was just Poppy." Travis says.

"You..." Poppy angrily responds in a whispering volume.

"He'll eventually know it so there's no point in hiding it." Cole exclaims.

"Good one, Cole. I will always know everything, eventually."

"My Lord, I know that you have assembled us for a reason here. But I think we should shine light as to how our crusades would benefit us and the psychic kind? I was thinking that this is the proper time for that."

"It is. Very good Benson. I was about to explain it after we went to Deronia with all of us and Richard McCree altogether. But now that that's been delayed, I guess I'll have to explain things now."

"Deronia? Why there? We goin' on a vacation?" Travis asks him.

*Obligatory author's note in the middle of a chapter: Deronia is considered as a place that normally exists in this novel's universe. By normal, I mean people have heard of it and the place is listed in the world map.*

"Deronia is a plain looking tropical island for many. But it is the place that connects heaven and hell to our world."

"Okay.. what?!?!?" Poppy exclaims.

"I saw pics of Deronia on Insta. It's not a plain looking island."

"Heaven and hell? Haven't you heard of it in your bibles and qurans?? Come on, don't act so shocked."

"Why are we going there?" Travis asks again.

"We'll get to there Travis, calm down. The catch here is that only the residents of Deronia can enter and see this gateway. The Queen that I have been talking about endlessly is The Queen of Deronia, who has been long dead. But she is the mother of all us psychics. Now all of you have the Queen's blood right? Not only can you see beyond the gateway, but we can also meet with.... with whoever might be there on the other side."

"So even you don't know that?"

"I do. But it is a secret a pure blood like me is sworn to keep. Once we get to our destination, we can have one wish. One wish that will immediately come true once we all return to this realm we are standing on right now. Any kind of wish. Whatever the freedom of your minds could dictate."

"This is supposed to enlighten us?" Travis says.

"I am more confused than ever. Why don't we just go there then? Why get that Richard guy?" Cole suggests.

"I've explained this before right? The ritual can only be completed if all the living descendants or in this case 'bloodholders' of The Queen are there."

"We're gonna kill that Richard guy right?" Poppy asks him.

"No, Poppy. That is not what a benevolent, all and ever-loving, Go-"

Lord Henry pauses to think about what his next lines could be.

"That is not what a benevolent, all and ever-loving, saviour would do. We have to give him another shot and perhaps telling him about the wish would do the trick."

"Why can't I go outside, mother??"

"You don't want to interact with these 'people'."

"Why what's wrong with them?"

"They're not like us, that's what's wrong."

"Oh. Can I play at the flower fields then?"