Chapter 9 - Touching Base

"Back to a shitty small car huh??" Kodak says.

"At least our legs can take up a little more space than before." Charlotte tells him.

A Honda Odyssey flees the gas station. Leaving an entire family to indulge a brand new limousine given to them by random strangers.

"I wish they trained you how to accelerate land vehicles back at camp. Maybe then, you'll be more useful." the woman with an apparatus on her mouth says.

Agent Campbell just looks outside the window, thinking about how did he disappoint her this time. He got one psychic this time, which is definitely better than zero, considering how hard it had been for the government to look for psychics these days. They are far too outnumbered when it comes to having psychic allies.

"We'll be taking Freddie Rogers at Site 2. I have a meeting today and you'll be my guard. It shouldn't be that hard." the woman adds.

Meanwhile....

"We're almost there." Yeethelle excitedly says.

A sharp curve was up ahead, but the car was still accelerating.

"Let me guess, we're gonna fly over that right?" Richard tells Yeethelle.

Yeethelle just looks at him with a smile. The car gets launched upwards by the guardrail. The trees waiting for them on the other side bend, not scratching the car passing through.

"I knew it." Richard says as he looks back at Yeethelle with a smile.

"She just turned 18. You should stop while you still can." Charlotte tells Richard.

"What? I'm just making conversation." Richard replies.

A few meters ahead, a dirt path becomes more visible and the trees are starting to space out.

They accelerated towards the dirt path until they came across a large mossy rock. Hirohiko leaves the car and reaches for a lever disguised as a tree branch. The ground beneath them descended as an underground pathway.

"Before you can even ask, this was only a secret bunker probably from the government and was then turned into a tunnel for safety purposes by a rich guy we used to hang out with back in the day. This also lead to his sex dungeon. But not anymore." Hirohiko tells Richard as he hops in the car.

"I don't even wanna imagine a psychic orgy." Richard tells him.

"We weren't part of his antics of course." Hirohiko exclaims.

"We almost did." Charlotte says.

"It's not an orgy if it's only the two.."

Hirohiko purposely didn't finish his sentence as he notices that he got carried away a little with his story.

"Let's go now." were Hirohiko's ending remarks.

The car zooms through the underground tunnel. It only took them about five minutes until they saw an area nailed with planks. They took a turn to the right, opposite to that covered area. The car stopped on a very impractical elevator. The four psychics performed individual tasks simultaneously. One pulling the chains down, one helping carry the car's weight, one keeping the platform stable and one slowly opening the shaft above them as they ascend.

"I wish I could help, but umm... yeah." Richard says

"We've been wishing and hoping for a brand new psychic to help us a long time now." Yeethelle tells him.

"Seems like that wish is still not granted." Charlotte says.

"Don't worry man, you'll be useful in no time." Kodak tells Richard.