Chapter 16 - Rising Action

Landing on the sands of time was a suburban vehicle. Camels, caravans and people give spirit to an otherwise spiritless pile of sediments. In the more urban area, towers various high-rise buildings. A steamroller parks in front of a construction site nearby a river with a bridge on top.

Coming out of the car door is a nauseated Freddie, mixing his spew with the broken down and eroded specks of million year-old rocks.

"Those were just two shots, are you kidding me Fred?" Charlotte shouts at him.

"Are we there yet?" Yeethelle asks them after she got woken up by Charlotte's voice.

"We just made it a couple of minutes ago." Kodak says as he steps on the last stick of weed he had and looks at it with sorrow carved at the shape of his eye holes.

A pig walks through the scorching desert, outside the city premises.

"What is a pig doing over there?" Kodak wonders.

Hirohiko rests on Charlotte's lap and Maya on Richard's lap.

Richard heard of what Kodak said and it woke him up. Maya turns around, with her back resting instead. Richard immediately thought of getting her off him.

"Oh my god!!!" he screams out.

Patircia was slowly ascending from his lap.

"I'm doing it!!!" he shouts out.

Hirohiko was woken up by this.

"You couldn't have been more quiet, couldn't you Richard?" Charlotte tells Richard.

"You call yourself a leader but you also get yourself drunk just before arriving at our destination." Hirohiko sleepily tells her.

"We have already arrived Hiro." Kodak says again.

Kodak knocks on Yeethelle's window.

"Seems like someone doesn't wanna get up."

"Shut up. Carrying all of you makes me tired."

"But that's the point of sleeping right? So you won't get tired. Get out now."

"Why is no one paying attention to this? I can use my powers now!!!" Richard tells them.

"Good for you then." Hirohiko says while fixing himself and Charlotte.

As Richard seemed very happy as to what he thinks he is doing, Patricia wakes up and imitates an Olympics swimmer on air.

"Are you kidding me?" Richard disappointedly says while Patricia passes through the car window and flies around outside.

Our gang of runaways rode the vehicle again after deciding that it's too hot to walk outside and tried to act normal this time.

"Why did we have to forget buying sunscreen?" Yeethelle complains.

"Can't you just deflect those UV rays or the heat waves with your powers?" Richard tells her.

"Why won't you try it?" she tells him back.

"So where are exactly going?" Freddie asks Richard, who was finally worthy of being in the driver's seat.

"Just drive around town Richard." Hirohiko barges in their conversation that hasn't even begun.

"For what reason, exactly?" Kodak asks Hirohiko.

"If that Agent really wanted us to go here but left us no clues, then he'll be coming here to help us."