Chapter 34 - What's Up?

A meeting long awaited even though the wait was for only two days.

Two days that felt like years on one side and two days that felt like fleeting ones for the other.

One in alliance with a long-term goal, one in alliance that only shares a temporary willingness to do so.

The choppers that crashed may not have injured anyone, but did cause a disruption in their search for the two individuals.

*What's Up? by 4 Non Blondes play*

Richard and Casper found their way out of the thick trees and saw large plains of tall grass on the other side.

"25 years and my life is still

Tryin' to get up that great big hill of hope

For a destination"

On a distant hill is Lord Henry, dragging down the old broken body of David Quentin, leaving behind his metallic brain-plating.

"I realized quickly when I knew I should

That the world was made up of this brotherhood of man

For whatever that means"

"Leave David Quentin, Lord Henry will take care of him and quite possibly kill him. Go and help our fellow acquaintances, they are almost at Casper's location." Leader Abba tells Two Generals while the rest are listening at the round-table.

"And so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed

Just to get it all out what's in my head

And I, I am feeling a little peculiar"

David curls up in pain in his purple bed, tightly snuggling his tears with the pillow.

"And so I wake in the morning and I step outside

And I take a deep breath and I get real high"

Richard and Casper walk forward as they start to see a group of people wandering in the tall grass.

"And I scream from the top of my lungs

What's going on?"

These people gave off something as they use their psychic senses to identify. Their aura glows and carves their bodies amongst the grasses. Yeethelle, Hirohiko, Charlotte, Kodak and Agent Campbell all glow in their respective aura's colors.

"And I say, hey-ey-ey

Hey-ey-ey

I said Hey, a-what's going on?"

Richard ran towards them as they all indulged in a group hug, not including Agent Campbell and The Revolution Generals right behind them.

"Wow, you really missed us huh?" Kodak tells him.

Two weeks earlier, a karaoke is set-up in the car's dashboard. It looked like those car-aoke videos with celebrities singing in the car as they drive around places.

"Oh, oh ooh, ooh, uh-huh / Oh, oh ooh, ooh, uh-huh" Freddie sings.

"And I try, oh my God do I try / I try all the time, in this institution" Charlotte rocks out.

"And I pray, oh my God do I pray / I pray every single day / For a revolution" Richard vocalizes.

"Do I really have to sing?" Hiro asks.

"Just do it!!" Charlotte quickly says as she shakes his arm.

"And so I cry sometimes / When I'm lying bed / Just to get it all out / What's in my head / And I, I am feeling a little peculiar" Hiro tried singing to the tune.

"And so I wake in the morning / And I step outside / And I take a deep breath and I get real high / And I scream from the top of my lungs / What's going on?" Yeethelle screams from the top of her lungs.

"And I say, Hey-ey-ey-ey / Hey-ey-ey / I said, Hey, what's going on?" Kodak sings, almost nailing the chorus if it wasn't for a voice crack that he had on the final "Hey".

The voice crack cracks everyone up into laughing.

"And I say, Hey-ey-ey-ey / Hey-ey-ey / I said, Hey, what's going on?" all of them sang repeatedly for about three more times.

"Oh, oh ooh, ooh, uh-huh / Twenty-five years and my life is still / Trying to get up that great big hill of hope / For a destination" Freddie ends the song beautifully.

Everyone clapped in applause to him.

"My father said that he named me Freddie so I could inherit Freddie Mercury's voice." Freddie says.

"Well, it worked somehow. Good job man!" Richard says.

They then spent the rest of the night singing and doing whatever makes them forget the passing of time until arriving at Egypt.

"Of course I'll miss you guys." Richard replies to Kodak.

"We know man, I'm just messin' around."

"This is fun and all but it seems that we've got some dangerous people both at our backs and our sides." Hirohiko tells him.

"Meaning?"

Hiro just looked at the two Revolution Generals patching up Casper.

"Sandwiches? Couldn't you have brought better stuff like beer and some hot and spicy wings?" Casper tells the two unnamed Generals.

"You should stop complaining. We almost had an encounter with Lord Henry because of you." a dashing General of Korean descent tells him.

"You'll get to eat better once we get back at base. All the Generals will have a meeting together with these people." a bald heavily tattooed General of Mexican descent tells him.

"This meeting includes Abba right?"

"Of course."

"He better be. I still don't know why the hell do I have to rescue that guy Richard. He's kind of an odd fellow but we got along just fine which is great. Is the position for him still open?"

"Ask that to Abba when we get there."

The Korean General's complicated communication device similar to the one Casper had starts buzzing.

"It seems that the Lord left, he didn't know that Richard McCree was here. But why did he come here in the first place?"

"It must've had something to do with the fortress inside that hill." bald Mexican General replies.

"No wonder we had traps set up there. This feels too convenient to be a coincidence Azul."

"My buddy Blue, this IS convenient. Convenient for The Revolution." Azul tells Blue, the Korean General's codename.

"The Revolution will pull through!" Blue tells Azul, the Mexican General's codename.

End of Chapter 34