Chapter 45 - Kokomo: The Third Act

Pure white sand and palm trees visible on every corner of your eye. It's quite confusing as to why no one has made a resort at that beach.

The only beach at the averagely small island of Deronia. Not much is special about the island besides geographically acting as a twin to Madagascar and of course the aforementioned Deronian beach.

Populated by only 40 people, it's a mostly peaceful island with nothing significant occurring in the entirety of recorded AND officially released stories of human history.

Golden sunlight bathes the island's coastline leaving a breathtaking glow and a streak of light stretching to the suddenly violent waters.

Sitting on the sands is Chiquitita wondering why she was brought to such a place.

"What does this mean? Who even is my son?"

The soothing sounds of the waves made her close her eyes and get a feel of the wind blowing quite vigorously.

A humpback whale blows water on the distant coast.

"This has to be the right place." Patricia says in her new whale body.

"I sure hope so." Ferdinand tells her, while he is inside a plastic tent inside the whale's mouth and also protecting the kitten with a jacket that he had.

Inside the small inflatable plastic tent are a bunch of biscuits, gravy and two oxygen tanks. Sitting beside the tent was a speedboat.

Trumpets begin to play, acting as a transition to a song that was already playing in the distance.

"Everybody knows...."

The palm trees begin to absurdly stretch towards the right side of the hills.

"A little place like Kokomo..."

The water began to stagnate as the waves stopped crashing to the coast.

"Now if you wanna go and get away from it all..."

The winds start to audibly roar in its intense upbringing.

"Go down at Koko...."

Five individuals suddenly warped nearby Chiquitita's location.

"Are all of them my children?" Chiquitita asks.

"Of course not, silly. Yours is still... not here. He'll come by, don't worry about it."

"So he's still alive. You said I'd come to his burial."

"Figure of speech Chiquitita. He's not dead yet, but he will be."

Chiquitita proceeds to attack Lord Henry, but it barely flinches him.

"You're not in 2003 anymore. He's a grown man now. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. You cannot stop Her will. What happens, happens."

"We have arrived." Agent Campbell tells everyone.

They arrived at a part of the island opposite to the beach, which contains a little residential area. It is situated behind a large hill.

"This doesn't look like a beach, Agent." Kodak tells him.

"You're right, this seems to be the opposite side of the island. Both sides being separated by that big hill over there."

"Isn't that a mountain?"

"It's too small to be a mountain, but you have a point because it's too big to be a hill."

"Let's just call it an earthly obstacle we have to pass through, we wanna be there earlier than them." Hirohiko tells them.

As the van started to fly again, a few residents walked out in excitement and started to record them.

"Oops..." Kodak says.

Everyone else not making the car float then turns the van invisible and they flew away.

"Psychic energy, not vast but quite active and it's moving towards our location. How pleasant!!! Our guests have arrived."

Benson opens a portal and carefully lays down a long table with utensils and food already in there.

The rest of the blood-holders went to the portal to grab some chairs.

"Wait, they're here already." Kodak says.

"They're preparing a table? What the hell??" Charlotte says.

"I wish I could see that far though. Can't we go faster?? Come on!!!" Richard says.

"Someone's aggressive..." Yeethelle says.

The wheels marked itself to the sand and even if the van's still invisible, the psychics waiting for them look at the van as if it's visibly there.

Both oppositions just looked at each other for a couple seconds before one by one, people slowly went outside the van.

Once they are all out, the van turns visible again.

"You know that psychics can still see other psychics that are invisible right? Via our glowing auras or whatever you call them." Lord Henry tells them.

"You said we're doing this at noon, what are you doing here?" Richard asks him.

"I know right? Look at you being here in the morning. What are YOU doing here?!?!!"

Everyone that came from the van are lined up side by side at this moment, while Lord Henry and his constituents are now sitting at chairs beside the long table.

Richard breaks the formation as he walks toward Lord Henry's seat.

"Whoa, whoa. Easy there buddy, you're starting to mo-"

Anti-psychic chains wrap Lord Henry's neck, disallowing him to finish his sentence.

Benson gently puts his hand on Richard's and then says "We are here to talk to you as to why are you essential to ou-".

Anti-psychic chains then slowly crept on Benson's neck.

"..our conquest. In fact, the answer to that already lies in this island."

"Why should I trust you?" Richard asks him.

"Tell them to look for something at the sides of the mountain. Tell your companions about it."

"We're listening. Now what exactly are we going to look for There?" Charlotte asks Benson.

"Look for pieces of limestone hidden in dirt, sand and rocks. There you will find a structure similar to the Gates of Deronia. It has a podium connected to it, where all six of us will stand on."

"What will happen when we stand there?" Richard asks him.

"The Gates will transform to its true trans-dimensional form. Allowing us entrance to Heaven AND Hell."

"Why the fuck would we go to heaven OR hell?"

"I believe that is for the Lord to answer."

The grip on Lord Henry's neck began to loosen.

"We can plead to the archangels and archdevils. Every thousand years, pure-blood Deronians are allowed to access this trans-dimensional plane that connects everything. They would leave sacrifices for the ones above us. We were so kind to them that every ten thousand years, we are allowed to request for anything we ever wanted. Now why won't you get rid of this thing on my neck and take a seat right there Richard. We have tomato soup." Lord Henry tells him.

Richard shakes his head in disagreement.

End of Chapter 45