Chapter 19 - Executioner's Explanation

David Quentin sits on a golden chair all tied up. Surrounding him is all of our psychics, besides Hirohiko and Yeethelle.

"Explain yourself." Agent Campbell tells him.

"I'm David Quentin and I know stuff you don't want to know." he says before playfully smiling at Agent Campbell.

"So he's who we came for here?" Charlotte asks Agent Campbell.

"Yes. He can help us get the information we could need."

"If you want information, you'll have to provide me with context on what you want to know about dumbasses."

"What's wrong with them?" Richard asks David as he points at the exposed secret room with Hirohiko and Yeethelle.

"Why are we in New York?"

"I don't know Mr. Hiro, this was a big mistake."

"Since when did you start calling me mister?"

"Since today. You're older than me okay, that's at least a sign of respect."

"We should get back to them, immediately. We're gonna fake some passports. Quickly Yeethelle, let's go."

They both ran to the next street only to be obstructed by an invisible wall.

"Did she turn them crazy?" Charlotte asks David.

"No, it was an illusion that only they can see. The most effective kind I concur."

"Then where is that girl? I can't see her aura anywhere, is this a part of the illusion?"

"No, we had external help."

"I still don't understand what's going on." a now sober Freddie says.

"From whom did you get external help?" Agent Campbell asks David.

"You're fucking boss you idiot slave." he replies.

"But how? I'm the only psychic that she had."

"Well, that's what she made you think. Don't be mad big boy, she has no other pets. You're her ONE and ONLY slave."

Agent Campbell took off his protective helmet. He looked very annoyed by David.

"So his boss is the psychic?" Richard jumps in their conversation.

"Oh, what a fucking genius you are. Did you read my mind or anything? How come none of you is just reading my mind?"

Charlotte takes a grab of David's head and smashes it with a baseball bat. A metallic sound was heard clanging after the swing and his gold striped hat also fell.

"You already told us about your stupid gimmick, remember? Now get back to talking." she tells him.

"Its your dumb bitch boss Sarah. She turned herself into a psychic with the help of a powerful psychic. You know what they say: if you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

"Is that how she knew Lord Henry?"

"Yup. They had an agreement, she'll help him find those Queen's losers and in return he'll help her become a psychic."

"How'd you know her in the first place?"

"We used to work together, I was her source of information about psychics. We had high-budget labs and workstations all around the globe. But even I was too crazy for her, so when she met an actual psychic with an offer, she fucking left me and abandoned all of my projects. I was on the run, AGAIN."

"So that's where they learned how to manufacture their own psychics. The ones like me." Agent Campbell says.

As he turns back to process the information he just knew, he sees Kodak looking at him mad.