Chapter 20 - Kokomo: The Second Act

*Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock plays*

Five individuals approach a woman in a wheelchair. One of them, the one in red, carries a boombox.

"You look like a vegetable. It seems to me that you've been very HEALTHY."

Everyone cringed.

"How can you be this lame? Playing something from 2011." Cole tells him.

"But no one had a problem when I played a song from the 1960's? Isn't this what you kids are into these days???"

The four of his new servants shaked their heads for a no.

A reality TV segment immediately takes place from some time before the events happening today.

"I'm Poppy."

"Full name please."

"Huuuhh... fine. I'm Poppy. Poppy Petunia. Am I supposed to read that?" she asks while pointing at the cartolina Lord Henry is raising behind the camera.

"Yes, honey. Just go on, the camera's rolling."

"Can I at least add my own lines?"

Lord Henry gives her a thumbs up.

"Hi, I'm Poppy Petunia, the only female of the group if we aren't bringing Amanda for some reason. She's our maid. Everything she cooks tastes like shit.

"Cut, cut!! Talk about yourself Poppy."

"Oh my god, fiiiine!!! I can control plants bla bla bla, infuse them with psychic energy and even merge them into monstrosities."

"Perfect, next!!!"

"I'm Benson Schwartz, a proud African-American psychic that is more work than talk. I used to be a marine myself until I decided to help Lord Henry spread the good word of everyone's salvation. I can mess with the space around me and even open portals occasionally."

"Magnificent, next!!!!"

"I'm Cole Goodman and I'm always happy. I also got these cool bangs for some reason. People like to call me an emo. To them I say, shut the fuck up. I can control all the elements of a thunderstorm."

"Cool as ever Cole, next!!!"

"Oh shut up man." Cole tells him before leaving.

"I'm Travis Anthony Aberdeen and... can you please stop calling me a surfer boy. Why is that in the cartolina?? I don't fucking surf!! Fuck Kokomo!!! Fuck you!!! And what is this??? Why am I in front of a camera?!?!?"

"It's like a character introduction segment, Travis. Just roll with it okay?"

"Fuck this." Travis tells him before leaving.

"He's got anger issues or something. Don't worry about it though, I can handle my children."

"We're not your children!!!!" Travis screams out.

"Oh, he can still hear us. He's very good at controlling water in all its three basic states. Beautiful." Lord Henry tells whoever is watching his recordings.

It's the first day of their first mission today. They had no idea what they're really going to do since this is the first time any of them tried using their powers in the spotlight. That and also, why Egypt???

All of them except for Benson. A professional bad guy if you'd like to call it like that. A complete opposite of Lord Henry, but his most loyal servant despite the fact that most don't really get to live that long. Speaking of Lord Henry, they never actually knew what his plan is, but he's also the only person that seems to give them a sense of importance.