Chapter 49 - Best Dad Award

*Awitin Mo, Isasayaw Ko by VST & Company plays*

In 1979, a man in a tight-fitting, shiny satin button-down shirt which is color-coordinated to his pants and jacket, walks into a disco joint in the city of Manila.

A bald, naked and invisible African-American suspiciously looks at him from a distance.

This man in complete disco-attire approaches a white woman in an all-white dress with a white ribbon on her head. A baby bump can also be noticed bulging at her dress.

The man gracefully danced around her, while she just swayed around her arms and tried to not give in to the music because of her heavy load.

The woman also just looks in one direction and even though she has a wide smile on her face, her eyes were so empty and soulless.

The man notices this and he immediately grabs her to leave the disco joint.

"I want a puppy, I want a dog."

"I-I'll get you one alright, let's just go back to our unit so we could rest alright. I shouldn't have brought you there, you're pregnant."

"But I love dancing and the lights are lovely!!! They're so colorful!!!" she says in a childish tone.

The people around them kept looking weirdly at the woman.

"Bakit ganyan kayo makatingin sa asawa ko hah? (Why are looking at my wife like that?)"

"You don't have to shout at them, we can go back to the disco."

"No, we're going home."

The woman kept playing with her hair and kept asking the man to buy her a dog on their way home.

"Finally, home!!!" she says.

"I got a gift for you, Margaret." he says.

"Huh?? A gift?? Is it a dog???"

"No, umm... I got you this."

He hands her a CD with "BEST OF ABBA" written. It wasn't actually a legitimate store bought disc but Roger McCree had abilities Margaret doesn't even know of.

"Every time you listen to any of these songs, I want you to think of me okay? I don't want you to forget about me. Here let me play you a song, what's your favorite?"

"Chiquitita is a close second, but Fernando is my favorite."

*Fernando by ABBA plays*

"You want me to always remember and look for Fernando?"

"No, remember me, Roger."

"This would be easier to me if your name was ABBA." she says before laughing at her silly suggestion.

"That would be silly, don't do that." she tells him.

"Just don't forget about me okay?" the man solemnly tells her.

"Oh silly, you really believed those doctors? I'm not forgetting you okay? I'm... I'm... Why am I pregnant Roger?"

"There you go, you, you switched again. You're normal again."

"What normal? What's wrong with me??"

Roger doesn't reply.

"Roger you have to tell me!!" Chiquitita says as tears start to drop from her eyes.

"I'll find a way to fix you, okay? I promise you that. I just have to contain these... problems that you have."

"How are yo-"