Chapter 40 - Best of ABBA

Back at the devastated city of Cairo....

"This is your daily dose of Lord Henry's video logs. Now David, look closely here. Remember this? We met again at this pub right?" Lord Henry talks to the viewer as he starts recording in his camcorder.

The police suspiciously glared at him. Their units slowly approach him.

"No, stop. You're not a part of the video." Lord Henry says before swinging his arm

This causes the units to fly away from the frame like rag dolls.

"Alright, there's a lot of passers-by here. Let's go to another place."

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? I don't know what's wrong with you. I sang your favorite song. I even tried stripping but you still won't stop resisting. Have you gone crazy from being a dog, Fernando?"

"You.... you... you crazy. You crazy!!!"

"Oh so I'm crazy, shut up Fernando. Are you trying to make me laugh? Your jokes are the best. Your sense of humor is starting to come back it seems."

"I'm not... I'm not.... I'm not Fernando."

Chiquitita just slides to the ground, giving off an annoyed gesture.

"You're always saying that. You're always saying that!!! You are Fernando!!! How are you not?!?! Are you telling me that David is wrong?!? He's never wrong. You are the love of my life that got stuck in a dog's body."

A kitten from an opposite building looked at them and kept meow-ing.

"How did he get stuck in a dog's body? David you sure are a crazy man." Lord Henry says while hovering on the room and focusing the shot on Chiquitita.

"Who are you? How do you know David??"

"We didn't get to meet each other. I'm... Henry."

"Hi Henry. I'm Chiquitita and this is my boyfriend Fernando."

"Hi Fernando!! Why are you chained up in a bed?"

"I'm n-not... I'm not Fernando!!!"

"Why are you stuttering? Perhaps you're not actually a person inside a dog's body."

"What?!?! He's lying!!! Stop lying!!!" Chiquitita screams out.

"Oh what a poor girl. You were broken before but at least you weren't tricked into a fantasy."

"Cat. I hear a cat." Patricia whispers to herself.

Lord Henry raises his hand and directs his palm on Chiquitita's head.

"Ssshh... sssshhh... sssssshhhhh.."

Chiquitita starts to break down in tears.

"You're starting to feel the pain. It's okay. It's the pain that makes us stronger. Vulnerabilities are what makes you who you are. You're the one in the wrong body Chiquitita. Go, find your true self."

The color of the room starts to jitter, with many vibrant colors dispersing from the light bulb. These colors then slowly fade into black and white.

"She doesn't even have a tragic backstory. She was just differently abled. You abused that disability David. Turns out she isn't broken, she was born this way. Her family was so supportive. Medication, therapy, she was a few steps away from happiness and comfort. But I guess you had poke more holes in her head, huh?" Henry says while caressing Chiquitita's face drenched by the dripping tears.

"There's a limit on what you can read inside a person's head and that limitation is either only physical or biological. You removed chunks of her brain just to make it impossible for anyone to know her entire past. You are a brilliant scientist and an expert piece of shit. Wow, David."