Chapter 37 - Couple of Inches

"You only have to raid three stations. These are very major ones. One is a rural radio station. One is a 5G tower. One is a large TV station, stationed in the middle of many studios. Are ya ready folks?" War Czar Jack tells them.

Everyone just nods at him in response.

"So what are you guys ridin'? We got a chopper. You can't use the jets, that's for those rich Generals. We got trucks, we go-"

"I have a van." Agent Campbell interrupts him.

"We'll go to his van." Charlotte says.

Everyone quickly returned to their previous positions in the van, excluding Richard as he's never rode it.

Their movements were so sudden that Richard was left behind with Jack.

"Are you not a psychic boy?"

"I'm kind of one."

"Weird."

Richard walks and eventually runs to the parked van. He stops for a while and tries to float towards the van. He levitated a couple of inches from the ground. He was struggling to stand straight while floating forward, indicating his struggle.

Everyone from inside the van just watches him.

"Shouldn't we-"

"He's trying his best, Agent. Come on." Yeethelle interrupts Agent Campbell.

Richard continues to struggle as his body starts to sway back and forth while he maintains his firm posture. He kept looking downward that he eventually hit the van without even knowing it.

This causes him to almost fall, only to get back up again but now a couple of inches farther than last time.

"No, no. Too high."

He tries to go down until he just grabs on the roof and moves himself manually mid-air. Using his arms to move him to the right until he gets to the doors at the back.

A psychic arm grabs his collar once he's in front of the doors that Charlotte opened.

"54 seconds." Kodak says after stopping a stopwatch.

"Where'd you get that?" Agent Campbell asks him.

He then notices a small chunk of his van's dashboard missing. Kodak then puts the stopwatch beside the spot and it returns to normal.

"I made it."

"There's so much about being a psychic that I never got to know."

"What does that have to do with what I said?"

"I don't know it's possible for psychics to just create something from something."

"I don't know either. I just remember learning about how stopwatches are made on TV and after that I could just make one."

The van starts up as they move towards Jack.

"That was painful to watch." Jack says.

"Watch what?" Campbell asks him.

"Seeing that guy float."

Richard seemed to be embarrassed from hearing that.

"Here's the coordinates for all three." Jack says as he hands the Agent a piece of paper.

"We'll be there when we do." Jack tells him before the van drives away.

"What's that supposed to mean?" the Agent asks out.

"So they're not really coming? Or once they do, it's probably when we're done. I don't trust that guy a single bit." Hirohiko says.

"Are those Revolution guys really as horrible as you've told us?" Yeethelle asks Hiro.