Chapter 21 - Chains of Negation

Richard walks on the mess that he blames himself for.

"Fuck me. Fuck me. Fuck me. This is all my fault." he says to himself while walking beside the icy block of what used to be the psychics that cared for him.

Chicken feathers are nearby a teary-eyed Kodak as he tries blocking and ruining Richard's path.

"Let him walk towards me. Only true salvation lies beyond your path..... wait, why?? I can't read your mind fella." Lord Henry says.

Richard just keeps on slowly walking towards them.

"Is this the reason I can't find him?"

"What reason exactly is it my Lord?"

"I don't know Benson but it's starting to make me feel uncomfortable."

A dark red aura starts to slowly come out of Richard's body.

David jumps from the second floor and breaks his legs.

"Wait!!!" he screams at Richard as he carries a very familiar spiked chain.

He crawls to the ground with those chains. Lord Henry tries to telekinetically move David Quentin away, but it doesn't work. He gave off a confused look, as if someone was trying to defy his all-powerful abilities. It definitely shook up the wrong barks in the large tree that houses his ego.

"Is that... Xeputhir's chains?? That ancient psychic bullshitter still had a few aces up his sleeve."

"I remember Gungan carrying it when we went on our mission." Benson tells Lord Henry.

"And you're telling me this NOW?!?!?" he angrily responds.

"No. I'm not fighting back, I can't." Richard speaks out.

"You absolute buffoon!!! You can cancel out psychic powers. DON'T YOU REALIZE HOW POWERFUL THAT IS?!?! Grab these fucking chains now! I command you Richard McCree!!!! Get over here!!!" David Quentin yells out.

"Cancel out psychic powers? That's too good to be true right? The Touch.. Nevermind me then." Lord Henry says.

Richard ran towards David but was splashed away by a wave of water.

"Where do you think you're going, huh?" Lord Henry exclaims.

"What the hell's going on man?" Travis confusedly asks.

It's as if Lord Henry's subjects besides Benson were actually half asleep the entire battle.

"Everything's alright children. Calm down."

"Did you make us do all of this??" Poppy asks Lord Henry as she gazes at the mess they've unconsciously made.

"No silly! This all you. I just gave your powers a little.... PUSH."

Freddie ran towards David and grabbed the chains while the bad guys are conversing. He throws it at the pile of water that is currently drowning Richard.

"It's not working!!! Why is it not working?!?!!" Freddie complains to David as the chains just fell on the ground wet and didn't cancel out the psychic energy that holds the wave of water.

Richard was struggling. The water is seeking inside him and he can't stop it. He is wriggling around furiously on the giant batch of water that is drowning him.

"I know this isn't the beach, but this is the best I can do. Alright kiddo?"

"Are you kidding me dad??? This is awesome!!! Our own swimming pool."