🐙🐚 Return to the Lion's Den

Return to the Lion's Den

◈━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━ ◈

Nightmare

Stepping through the mirror leading to the Savanaclaw dorm, the cool night breeze brushes upon your exposed skin. The stars tonight were breathtaking and the full moon is bigger than usual. Yet its beauty didn't reflect the current tension between Grim and yourself. You admired it for a while until the painful sensation was back once again. You cursed under your breath before following the three. Upon entering the dorm lounge, multiple heads turned to your group, hearing Grim and Soleil's small and soft bickering.

"Jack, you're still out this late?" Ruggie called out to him seeing that he had just returned.

"Senior Leona, can I ask a favor?" Jack began.

The said person raised an eyebrow. It was unexpected for this freshman baby to be asking for one. He motioned him with a wave of his hand to continue. Jack didn't want to waste anymore time and briefly explained the situation you three were in. The lion immediately refused much to Grim and Soleil's protests.

You remained quiet as if you already knew however, many things were running through your mind as of late. Grim signed a contract without your knowledge, resulting in him getting his magic taken just for notes. Both you and Soleil stayed up just to make Grim's reviewer yet it was useless. It was never used. Now, you signed a contract with Azul to save your three idiot friends. As a result, the dorm was taken as a custody for a while and got kicked out of it. So many things happened all at once for just one day. You bit your lips to hold in your emotions yet your body is betraying you. It definitely didn't help that you were still on your period.

"Pets are not allowed in the dorm. They shed too much fur." Leona bluntly said, leaning back to his seat. Obviously, Grim got offended by his statement. "You liar! You got more hair than me!"

"That is that and this is this." Ruggie quipped, smirking at the astonished faces of the two creatures. "We haven't cleaned the empty rooms in months and they've just become junk collectors for the residents."

While Ruggie and Leona conversed, the unexpected happened. The unshed tears soon drip down to your cheeks out of nowhere as you stifle a sob, silencing everyone. The two beastmen turned their heads, one was taken aback and the other confused.

"Hey..." Jack frowned as he awkwardly patted your back. Soleil flew close to your face, wiping your tears, softly asking what was wrong. Grim glanced at you at the corner of his eye with a scowl however his eyes betrayed his cold visage.

Leona contemplated on what to react. These guys have absolutely no knowledge of you being a girl. This was the worst scenario. Possibly, Jack already knew seeing how the wolf is being strangely protective. His brows knitted, when he realized it. Your scent was a bit different today. It was faint, yet if one focused on the scent it was painfully obvious. While Leona was occupied with his thoughts, the three resident beastmen took this chance to pick on you.

"The hell? What's this bean sprout cryin' for?"

"So lame."

"What a crybaby."

They laugh loudly, mocking you with their obnoxious grin. This definitely made your emotions worse. Finally getting the reason, the lion growled.

"Shut it, you fools." Leona sharply glared at the three who recoiled, taking a step back. Massaging his temple, he had made a decision.