Quidditch Match

"Hello! Welcome to Hogwart's first Quidditch game of the season! Today's game, Slytherin versus Gryffindor!" Commentator Gryffindor Lee Jordan announced.

"WOOOO!" I cheered loudly for Slytherin, Draco was clapping excitedly beside me. I looked and saw Harry peering down nervously, then again, who wouldn't be nervous playing their first match?

The players made a circle around the trunk containing the Quaffle and Bludgers as Madam Hooch walked to the centre.

"The players take their positions as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game!" Lee Jordan announced further.

"Now, I want a nice clean game...from all of you!" Madam Hooch said to the players sternly.

Pfft, as if the Slytherins would play fair, I love my house but we aren't known for playing fair.

Madam Hooch kicked open the trunk and the Bludgers flew out along with the Golden Snitch.

"The Bludgers are up, followed by the Golden Snitch. Remember, the snitch is worth 150 points. The seeker who catches the Snitch ends the game!" Lee was doing an incredible job at commentating, his voice was so smooth.

Madam Hooch picked up the Quaffle and threw it into the air.

"The Quaffle is released and the game begins!" Lee yelled loudly.

One of the Gryffindor chasers, Angelina Johnson, caught the Quaffle. She flew and dodged, spun and flipped, eventually throwing the Quaffle into one of the Slytherin hoops.

"Angelina Johnson scores! 10 points for Gryffindor!"

I groaned loudly but clapped anyway, hoping the Slytherins can score this time.

"Slytherin takes possession of the Quaffle. Bletchley passes to Captain Marcus Flint."

Marcus Flint dodged the Gryffindor chasers swiftly, though he did give Angelina quite a hard kick. He threw the Quaffle at a Gryffindor hoop, but Oliver Wood did an impressive flip and kicked it away.

"Oliver is a good player! Good looking too." I said, making Draco put on a jealous look.

The Quaffle flew off and Gryffindor chaser Alicia Spinnet caught it, passing it around to her fellow teammates. Angelina scored a second time.

"Another 10 points to Gryffindor!"

Marcus Flint grabbed the Quaffle and flew to the other side of the Quidditch pitch, trying to get it through a hoop. Oliver caught it again and tossed it away.

I saw Marcus grab a bat from one of the Slytherin beaters and hit a Bludger at Oliver, knocking Oliver out and leaving Gryffindor without a keeper. All the Slytherins laughed hard seeing that, except me.

"What is Harry doing?" I asked Draco, pointing at Harry who was watching the game and not flying around.

"Who cares?!" Draco yelled back as Marcus jumped over Fred/George and scored 10 points for Slytherin. All the Slytherins cheered loudly.

Marcus Flint and another chaser both managed to push Angelina into a stand, rendering her unconscious. That same chaser scored a goal, making us tie with Gryffindor at 20-20.

All of the Slytherins cheered loudly, Draco, Crabbe and Goyle were jumping around in delight. Pansy Parkinson was trying to push past me to stand next to Draco, typical.

Harry finally started flying around but his broom started acting weirdly, it was jerking around sharply as if it was trying to throw Harry off.

"The hell is happening over there?!" I nudged Draco and pointed at Harry.

Draco only laughed and said, "Potter can't fly a broom, hope he falls down!"

I rolled my eyes and scowled at him, turning away to squint at the teachers' stand. Snape and Quirrel were both staring at Harry and muttering something, though Snape seemed to be more focused.

"Be right back," I mumbled and ran off to the teachers' stand. "Y/N, where are you going?!" Draco yelled after me.

----------------------------------------

I ran up the steps of the stand and saw Hermione there. "What are you doing?!" I whispered urgently, drawing my wand out.

"Saving Harry's life!" Hermione answered, turning around and pointing her wand at Snape's cloak.

"Don't! It's Quirrel!" I said desperately.

"No-" Hermione began but saw Harry's broom give a violent jerk. She aimed her wand at Snape's cloak again and chanted, "Lacarnum Inflamarae!"

Snape's cloak caught on fire and Hermione ran off quickly, I looked around and pointed my own wand at Quirrel's purple cloak.

"Lacarnum Inflamarae!" I said and fled too.

"Are you sure it was Quirrel?! He doesn't seem like the type to do this." Hermione asked, giving me an incredulous look.

"Positive, Snape wouldn't do this either. Trust me." I responded.

-----------------------------------------

By the time Hermione and I got to the open, Harry was standing in the middle of the pitch, looking like he was about to throw up. He opened his mouth and a golden ball dropped out, it was the Golden Snitch!

"He's got the Snitch! Harry Potter receives 150 points for catching the Snitch! Gryffindor Wins!"

The Gryffindors all cheered wildly, jumping around and yelling like mad people. I sighed and ran back to the Slytherin stand, angry we didn't win. Draco was looking very upset, not to mention furious.

Pansy was beside Draco, petting his back and fussing over him. I groaned loudly and shoved her away, flashing her a fake smile and saying, "Oops."

----------------------------------------

"Congratulations, Harry! You really are a good player!" I yelled loudly to him, hugging him tightly.

"Thanks..." He muttered, his cheeks going a bright pink.

"Keep up the good work, afraid I can't talk much right now. I have a lot of homework left. See you later!" I smiled warmly and waved goodbye to him, returning to the Slytherin common room.