Triwizard Tournament

I sat with the trio on the train this time.

I was sitting next to Harry reading a book when the trolley lady came to our compartment.

"Anything from the trolley, dears?"

"Packet of Drooble's and a Licorice Wand...On second thought, just the Drooble's." Ron said and sat down after getting his candy.

"Um..." Harry said.

"Two pumpkin pasties, please." My close friend Cho Chang came to our compartment

"Hey, Cho!" I yelled and waved. She smiled and waved back.

Harry saw Cho and blushed. She smiled back at Harry.

"Anything sweet for you, dear?" The lady asked Harry, snapping him out of his daydream.

"Oh no, I'm not hungry thank you." Harry said.

"Cauldron Cakes and Chocoballs, please. Oh, and a Licorice Wand for Ron here." I said, handing the trolley lady my money and sitting back down.

"Like Cho, Harry? She's really nice. You should get her." I said to Harry.

Harry blushed some more.

I was happy Harry found another crush. He crushed on me for 3 years!

I began eating my Cauldron Cakes when Harry rubbed his scar.

"It's hurting again, isn't it? Your scar?" Hermione asked.

"I'm fine." Harry assured her.

"You know Sirius will want to hear about this." Hermione said. "What you saw at the world cup and the dream."

Harry picked up his quill and began to write a letter to Sirius

-----------------------------------------

A carriage pulled by Pegasi arrived at Hogwarts. A huge ship came out of the lake too. The ship had the Durmstrang Institute logo on it.

The teachers ushered us away after a while and made us change into our robes before entering the Great Hall.

"Now that we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen-" Dumbledore announced as Filch ran to him.

His run really do be graceful though. 

They whispered to each other and soon Filch ran off out of the Great Hall, this time his run funnier than earlier.

"Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event, the Triwizard Tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together 3 schools for a series of magical contests, for each school a single student is selected to compete. Let me be clear, if chosen, you stand alone. Trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted. But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress, Madame Maxime!"

The big doors of the Great Hall swung open and many girls clad in light blue silk sashayed in. They did these weird sighing movements and ran to the front. Blue butterflies flew from them. Their headmistress walked gracefully behind them, she was a giantess.

Draco was staring dreamily at the girls, but soon stopped after seeing my face. "Sorry, sorry!" He laughed and kissed my cheek. I couldn't blame him, those girls could enchant anyone with their looks.

"And now, our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang, and their high master, Igor Karkaroff." 

The Bulgarian schoolboys marched in, holding big sticks and hitting them on the ground. They ran to the front and did some impressive flips. Viktor Krum was walking alongside the headmaster of Durmstrang.

"Vi-Viktor Kr-Krum..." I faltered, looking very awestruck.

Draco looked jealous and said, "Hypocrite much?"

"Sorry, but I'm a huge fan of Viktor. Hey, don't act like you aren't excited to see him." I said.

It was true, Draco was equally excited to see Viktor at our school.

One Durmstrang boy blew out a fire phoenix.

Dumbledore and Karkaroff greeted each other. Then Dumbledore raised his hands and said, "Hogwarts, let's entertain our friends in the best way we can. All stand!"

We all began singing the school song.

"HOGWARTS HOGWARTS HOGGY WARTY HOGWARTS,

TEACH US SOMETHING PLEASE!

WHETHER WE BE OLD AND BALD OR YOUNG WITH SCABBY KNEES!

OUR HEADS COULD DO WITH FILLING!"

The other schools looked unimpressed.

Crabbe was singing it joyfully and when he turned to Draco, Draco just gave him a "Yeah, sure, do your thing" nod.

If the Beauxbatons Academy girls looked like clowns during their opening procession, I'm pretty sure we were the entire circus...

-----------------------------------------

"Hi, I'm Y/N." I smiled and held my hand out to shake Viktor's hand.

"Viktor." He said and kissed my hand, much to my surprise.

"And I'm Draco." Draco shook Viktor's hand.

"Nice to meet you both, and I assume both of you are together." Viktor said seeing Draco put his arm around me.

We both nodded.

"Your attention, please. I'd like to say a few words. Eternal glory, that's what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks. For this reason, the Ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all of this, we have the Head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation, Mr. Bartemius Crouch." Dumbledore said.

So much for a few words, Dumbledore.

The ceiling of the Great Hall went haywire, thunder and lightning began to strike, making students scream.

A wizard at one corner raised his wand and made the enchanted ceiling stop raining.

"That's Alastor "Mad-eye" Moody..." I muttered to Draco.

"Father doesn't like him at all. Says he's a menace to society." Draco said arrogantly.

"Menace or not, half the cells in Azkaban are full thanks to him. He's crazy..." I said.

Moody took a swig out of his flask.

Bartemius Crouch walked to the front and spoke, "After due consideration, the Ministry has concluded that for their own safety, no students under the age of 17 should be allowed to put forth their name for the Triwizard Tournament."

"THATS RUBBISH!" I heard the Weasley twins yell. Everyone else began complaining too.

Students of Hogwarts are daredevils, that's for sure.

"SILENCE!" Dumbledore yelled. He then made a golden structure beside him melt to show a big ancient goblet. It had blue flames above it.

"The Goblet of Fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves to the tournament, merely write their name upon a piece of parchment, and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly. If chosen, there's no turning back. As from this moment, the Triwizard Tournament has begun."