Christmas

"Excited for Christmas?" I asked Draco as we rode on the train back to King's Cross station.

"Obviously," Draco said, "Father said he was going to buy me all sorts of expensive things. Bet I could show it off to Potter when we get back. He won't receive anything, that's for sure."

I grimaced and said clearly, "Actually, I have a gift I plan to give him." earning a snort of disgust from Draco.

"Honestly, Y/N, you really are a blood traitor."

Before I could give a snappy reply back, Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle barged into the carriage. Pansy immediately sat next to Draco and got too close to him for comfort.

I shot Crabbe and Goyle a look, they just shrugged.

Draco looked visibly uncomfortable but he didn't say anything. He liked the attention she gave him, but he just didn't see her as anything more than a friend, and this was crossing a line.

Mind you, I had a small crush on him, so I was naturally jealous. I didn't really think Draco would see me as a crush, my views were too different from his.

I tried hard not to puke while Pansy fawned over Draco all the way back to London.

-----------------------------------------

My parents were busy this Christmas, I was staying with the Malfoys for Christmas, lucky me. I mean it literally, 2 weeks with Draco? HELL YES!

Lucius and Narcissa picked Draco and me from the station, apparating back to Malfoy Manor. "Make yourself at home, Y/N. You know where your usual bedroom is." Narcissa said to me smilingly.

"Thanks again for having me, Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy." I smiled back gratefully.

"Always a pleasure," Lucius said slowly.

They both left me and Draco in the living room, going off to god knows where.

"Come on!" Draco said and dragged me to his room. "The house-elves will take care of your luggage." He waved his hand lazily. He then jumped on his bed and patted the space beside him, "Sit down!"

I rolled my eyes and tsk-tsked, "So demanding...how did we ever become friends?" before sitting down on his bed and grabbing a book from my bag.

"You practically begged to become my friend, I can remember the words so clearly-" Draco didn't get to finish his sentence because I chucked a pillow hard at him.

"Oh yeah? I think I offered you friendship, not the other way around." I said smartly.

"My memory is accurate. Anyway, what book is that?" He pushed the pillow away and snatched the book from me. "Moste Potente Potions, what kind of book is this? It's so...odd. What are you reading this for?"

"Just a little refresher for my brains, though I hardly think you have any," I answered. Draco tossed the book away and gave me a mischievous grin.

"Well, you made me do this." He grabbed two pillows and started hitting me with them, making me squeal and fall on my back with laughter.

Oh, how I loved our banter and childish moments.

----------------------------------------

"Merry Christmas!" Draco yelled bursting into my room, making me fall off my bed.

"Go away! Let me sleep!" I mumbled, climbing back onto the bed.

"No, get up, NOW!" He said and dragged me down the stairs and into the living room, where a giant Christmas tree stood.

I rubbed my eyes and gasped, "Woah, this is beautiful!"

"Obviously," Draco said pompously, "Here's your present!" He tossed me a present wrapped in green paper.

It was a big snow globe with a tree inside, there were two figures playing around it, a boy with platinum-blond hair and a girl with long brown hair. There were also gold letters on the base, it said 'TO THE BEST FRIEND I HAVE', very sweet, but very unlike Draco.

"Like it, Y/N? It's both of us there." He said excitedly.

"I love it, Draco." I smiled and hugged him tightly, his cheeks had a pink tinge after that.

"Look at the tag. What does it say?" He waved the tag in front of me.

"From the Slytherin Prince himself." I read and sighed, "Flattering but very deserving."

"Here you go, hope you like it!" I handed him my present to him. It was a shining silver sculpture of him with a serpent next to him.

"Wicked!" He exclaimed and hugged me. "Thanks!"

----------------------------------------

Draco and I spent a wonderful Christmas together, of course, I did want to spend Christmas with my parents but spending it with Draco was good enough for me. I was excited to go back to Hogwarts though.